Thoughts, and request for assistance re: Heretic Gate

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Vult
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello, all.

I really wanted to like this game. It's clear it's a labor of love; well made, highly modular, the graphics are beautiful and the snippets of plot are very interesting. I don't want to review the whole thing, because as it's still in development, I feel a lot of the issues I had with the game proper will probably be ironed out later; and after all, people don't normally like complainers. Instead - I will say that it is spectacularly difficult to find information on anything in the game, something that I think should be addressed immediately for new player; I'm a big fan of roguelikes like *hack, ADOM, DF, Aurora... They all have fairly hefty help files. A lot of the information, descriptions for items, and mission texts are specifically vague. Again; this is something that'll be ironed out later, I'm sure... But it can be spectacularly frustrating and lead to a syndrome of just rushing to Heretic to finish things. Speaking of - I did just that, managed to clean up the place pretty well... Though the Iocrym attacked and destroyed pretty much every station there (St. Josephine's and Svalbard are left, at least) before I'd even undocked from the Commonwealth Station. It was too bad, as I'd really wondered if the normally hostile Ares' folks would have some interesting stuff to say... What was really funny is that they were attacked when I had no clue where they were. I quickly found and used a sysmap, but... No dice. My inertialess thruster just wasn't good enough, heh.

My question - the game is so far unwinnable. I am having a situation similar to http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... &view=next and this, where the final Stargate is not appearing. I will say it bluntly - if there is a cheat or debug code to make it appear, post it in this thread, please. To be honest, I am a little confused as to why RPC didn't post such a code - if it exists - in the last thread, as Tachyonfang had Godmode installed, and probably was at least neutral to the idea. As it is, the idea of playing the game all over... Does not particularly appeal to me. I want to finish it now, sit back on it, reflect for awhile, and maybe check back in on it later, perhaps add some wiki articles to make things more user-friendly for newbies or something. So! Any assistance in this matter would be hugely appreciated. Thanks.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Oh, you mean heretic is glitched and you can't progress outside of the quarantine field?

The stargate should be outside of that.

You can launch the game in debug mode, and then use something like setPos gplayership 1500 0 - not sure if that's the exact syntax, but it should place out outside of the QZone.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

hi!

have you come across the ics yet? ( warning, SPOILERS)

if you haven't, then you game is still winnable,

for cheating, get http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1009 launch the game in debug mode, and type (hrests) in the console, it will finish the hertic missions allowing you to fight the final ship!
to load debug mode, make a shoutcut to Transcendence.exe and add /debug to the target line (see http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... 117#p43117 )

i will come up with a Stargate add code for you in a few min!

Good Luck!
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Vult
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thank you both very much for the quick reply!... Unfortunately, no luck yet.

*Heretic's quarantine doesn't seem to be glitched; I did the missions to protect Kate Morgenthal, who is alas peeved at me even though I saved Mr. Katami, got the data discs, and the quarantine is down; but for some reason there is no gate, no ICS, and no climatic final battle. Just space, looming menacingly.

I tried getting cheatcodes - actually, I'd gotten it when I first noticed this problem because I didn't want to trouble anyone - but alas, the code I'm thinking of just gives me a response of Nil in the console and doesn't seem to change anything. Too bad, as it mars my otherwise cheat-free gameplay. :lol: Am I entering it wrong, maybe? Is it ("hrests") or (hrests)? [impulse101] perhaps?

Thank you for offering to compile a stargate code, sdw195. I truly appreciate it; I really want to finish this chapter, so I can properly reflect on the game.

*Edited: This originally read Heretic isn't glitched. :oops: I am a master of typing. :mrgreen:
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

ok, i just reuploaded cheat codes @ 461 downloads , in how has a func to make the endgame gate, (hergate) will make the gate, you will need the stargate control rod if the ics isnt there, spawn it using (more 'rod) then the appropriate id on the list.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by sdw195 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Vult wrote:Thank you both very much for the quick reply!... Unfortunately, no luck yet.

*Heretic's quarantine doesn't seem to be glitched; I did the missions to protect Kate Morgenthal, who is alas peeved at me even though I saved Mr. Katami, got the data discs, and the quarantine is down; but for some reason there is no gate, no ICS, and no climatic final battle. Just space, looming menacingly.

I tried getting cheatcodes - actually, I'd gotten it when I first noticed this problem because I didn't want to trouble anyone - but alas, the code I'm thinking of just gives me a response of Nil in the console and doesn't seem to change anything. Too bad, as it mars my otherwise cheat-free gameplay. :lol: Am I entering it wrong, maybe? Is it ("hrests") or (hrests)? [impulse101] perhaps?

Thank you for offering to compile a stargate code, sdw195. I truly appreciate it; I really want to finish this chapter, so I can properly reflect on the game.

*Edited: This originally read Heretic isn't glitched. :oops: I am a master of typing. :mrgreen:
yeah, nil actually means it worked, :D the only thing you will notice is the stations around the sun stop firing on it, and the quarantine will drop, (the ring will be there, but you can fly through it)

i really need to fix those nil messages :D
Vult
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hrmn, now I'm getting a message that Topology does not have stargate of that name. :| Is it that I did the message than used (hergate)? Did using (hrests) after beating all the missions cause variables to flip somewhere, perhaps? I, I have no clues. Anyway, thanks for the lightning-quick upload!.. I just need to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

reuploaded again, (462 dls, (sorry)) how will make the ics and order it to attack you
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Vult wrote:Hrmn, now I'm getting a message that Topology does not have stargate of that name. :| Is it that I did the message than used (hergate)? Did using (hrests) after beating all the missions cause variables to flip somewhere, perhaps? I, I have no clues. Anyway, thanks for the lightning-quick upload!.. I just need to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
D: i thought that would happen, gimme another few min :)
Vult
Anarchist
Anarchist

You're my hero! Thanks for doing this... I was at my wits end trying to figure out what the heck I was doing wrong. I can't tell if I broke the game somewhere, and if so when, or this is a minor glitch. Either way, again - many thanks. :D
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Vult wrote:You're my hero! Thanks for doing this... I was at my wits end trying to figure out what the heck I was doing wrong. I can't tell if I broke the game somewhere, and if so when, or this is a minor glitch. Either way, again - many thanks. :D
Alright!

i reuploaded cheatcodes (agian) at 465, it adds another command, (endgame) which does exactly what the end gate would do, (since we cant make one),

feel free to run it after you kill the ics that spawns with (hergate) ( it should spawn before the gate errors, )

have fun! :)
Vult
Anarchist
Anarchist

Yes! Thank you! I even got to test my metal against the ICS and - :| :? :shock: :cry:

It was amazing. I ran and hid most of the battle. :P Still, at the end, everything worked perfectly; the addition of an (endgame) to fix the gate not working was perfect, and thank you again! My only regret is I was hoping for a message from Domina... Maybe something like, "Let's destroy humanity together!" <3 but no dice. Still - time to relax with a cup of tea, gather my thoughts, and genuflect on the game! Thank you so much for your help, for George for making it, and again - thanks. So much! This was driving my crazy. :mrgreen: Mission complete!... For now!

Also, there IS a message there. I made it really tiny. For theoretical spoilers. :mrgreen:
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Hi! Sorry for the somewhat late reply. If you'd like, would it be possible to upload your save file here? I'd like to take a look at it.
Also, you could email it to George, but I'm pretty sure he's working on Anacreon 3 right now.

EDIT* oh, and the next step after beating the game is doing a permadeath, and after that, my permadeath challenge ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.