How To Get Rich QUICK!

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
DangerousDude
Anarchist
Anarchist

Okay, this is an article of how to get rick QUICK in the first few levels! The word is: Mining. Okay, I shall elaborate.

Ship: Best choice is the Cargo Ship, with 200 tons of space. 2nd Best is the Yacht. Don't use the gunship.
Equipment Needed: Mining Laser, Miners cargo hold. If your the Cargo ship and are using a launcher, you need to get the Tritium Propulsion Upgrade so you can turn and fire.
BTW: This is for Vanilla, no mods. Also, there is a small chance that there won't be a mining colony in Eridani.

Okay, now for the technique.

First of all, make money the usual way. Blast aliens, do missions, and sell loot. Clear out all the bases. Once you have over 2200 credits, head to your mining colony and have the Miners Cargo Hold and the Mining Laser installed. Now, I would suggest you start mining where you got the equipment. Usually they are near asteroid belts, and are good places to mine. Take as much as you can, then head back to Commonwealth and sell. Repeat until you are completely rich. Buy all equipment(but don't let go of your mining laser!) you want, and then move on. Only remove your mining laser mid-game, then you should be able to find a better weapon.

NB: Best Mid-Game weapon is PK25 Morningstar cannon(kinetic) or X-Ray Laser(Laser).
I Blew Up The Charon Fortress!
I Beat The Slicer!
Cirevam
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I've never found mining to be particularly quick, but isn't mining out a system as well as killing all hostiles what most people do anyways? At least with mods that make mining less of a chore. If I don't have mining mods then I don't even bother since you can make enough money by killing things, even more if you let some stations survive to constantly call for reinforcements.
DangerousDude
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well, by quick I mean in the first 1-2 levels.
I Blew Up The Charon Fortress!
I Beat The Slicer!
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I used to do that a couple of games. Plan about half an hour per system at minimum. If the balance has not changed too much you can make 10k when mining Eridiani completely (and by that I mean every single rock). Mining a system with two or three huge asteroid belts can easily take more than an hour or so.
If you consider the amount of money you can gain by selling ships equipment, weapons or illegal items I dont see any point in doing any mining - at least not in vanilla games. The drawback is: If your equipment is not good enough you might have to skip the arena (if not backtracking).
Nirakolov
Anarchist
Anarchist

How do you "stay" rich though?

I find once Ventari ships show up I just start hemorrhaging credits on fuel and maintenance.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

for me it depends.
if there is something interesting to buy in Eridani (such as a dual turbo or a set of advanced ceralloy) then I'll mine to get the money for it. Otherwise, I avoid it.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The Corporate Enclaves pay more for supplies ex. 110 creds for Centauri Rice vs 90 creds at Commonwealth Station. But only the first few times you sell (then it's like this for Centuari Rice:50 creds at Enclave vs 90 creds at Commmonwealth station.) But if Enclave not paying much and Commonwealth not buying, move on to the next system
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Its easier to do this with the Sapphire than the EI500, honestly; the Sapphire starts with ~2000 credits (The EI500 has to sell off some of its starting gear, and that doesn't always give you 2k), and the Centauris still need to bring in the odd Heavy Raider to scratch it, so you'll get your 2.2k almost immediately.

Not to mention the Mining Laser takes up one of the EI500's precious weapon slots, so you'll have to rely on whatever primary you have for a long, LOOONG time.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It does not take relatively long to start scum with the EI500 until you get four barrels of regenerative nanos, five or more armor patches, and targeting program ROM. Selling the barrels and patches will yield 2000+ credits, more than what the Sapphire starts with. I do this every time I intend to play a game with EI500. (This is why, in Playership Drones, EI500 always gets the best equipment and Sapphire gets even more cash than standard.)

Start scumming is a legitimate strategy, especially when doing so saves time and frustration, after you get what you want.

Edit: In addition, barrels of regenerative nanos are rare. In addition to the cash gained at the start from selling the barrels, I can backtrack to buy them back later, when money is no object, and possibly avoid burning a trading post order for such barrels; then use the barrels on my endgame armor, usually light Iocrym armor, so that I do not need to juggle patch spiders anytime an armor segment takes a point or two of scratch damage.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote: Start scumming is a legitimate strategy, especially when doing so saves time and frustration, after you get what you want.

Edit: In addition, barrels of regenerative nanos are rare. In addition to the cash gained at the start from selling the barrels, I can backtrack to buy them back later, when money is no object, and possibly avoid burning a trading post order for such barrels; then use the barrels on my endgame armor, usually light Iocrym armor, so that I do not need to juggle patch spiders anytime an armor segment takes a point or two of scratch damage.
When I savescum, I only savescum in order to get an arms dealer which will autoinstall a particle beam weapon for my sapphire.
You can win the arena with that and some decent armor.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
kaiyara
Anarchist
Anarchist

I appreciate all the posts in this forum... thanks everyone... Have a good day.

http://www.pass-4sure.me.uk/
http://www.ulpgc.es/
http://www.citrix.com/
Last edited by kaiyara on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I usually use the starting equip until I find something better Other than a particle beam (I hate all particle beam weaponry :evil: ) like a howitzer (luvs me a big 'splosion) or an akan (Yes I use the thing, and yes I know that the ammo is a problem).
And for shields I go with Yoroi or Ceratops, never slow regen shields (like the Cyclotron) since they never work for me.

New dude, get the wolfen, kick ass till yoiu can't kick anymore, then upgrade and repeat. Save anything that says Zeeman or Plasma injector for later along with all the longzu spheres and othosteel/carbon aerogel paste (Only use it on high level equipment). DO NOT BATTLE THE ICS UNLESS YOU HAVE DISINTIGRATE IMMUNE ARMOR and dont fall for the alien device shaped like a launcher, it needs Quantumsphere disintigrators which are only found in the ICS wreck. (IF you do buy it and it says "Teraton Launcher" instead of "Quantemsphere something-or-other" then it needs Plasma blossoms which are more common than Quantumspheres, but are still too rare to really use) I recomend the NAMI heavy lancher and killing the CSC Terra for missiles (DOnt worry commonwealth will not hate you, even though you just destroyed one of the most expensive things in the galaxy and killed thousands of service men including the most powerful person in the military who is famous throughout human space for being an adored war-hero). Good luck!