Where do I get this shield installed?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
bsb
Anarchist
Anarchist

I am sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find it.
I am playing my first game. I decided it was about time to change the 72 hp shield on my "Wolfen" ship with something beefier. So I went on and bought a 500 hp/100 MW Mammoth shield. However, I can't find a place where it can be installed. I looked at Commonwealth fortresses and docks, and, I think, at the Outfitters where I'd bought the shield, but everywhere they say they don't have the technology required to install the device.
Currently I am at 2-3 systems below (or beyond, if you prefer - I find it easier to think along the lines of Nethack) Sanctuary and 6-7 systems below St. Katharine. I don't have access to the Black Market yet - only yesterday found out in a spoiler how to gain it.
So I'd be grateful if you could point me how to put this shield into use.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

well, there's the... thingy... would it be a spoiler? Ah, just know that there are (or should be) some new stations soon, with some high tech stuff. They should do it.
Dosgamer3
Closed Account
Closed Account

***SPOILER ALERT BELOW***

Find a CSC and a military ID, if you don't have one. The CSCs(Commonwealth Star Carrier) can install it, methinks.
The universe is illogical. Get over it.

-----------------------------------------

I cannot be held accountable for anything I say that offends you. I never intentionally offend anyone.
If I offended you, it was an accident and I am sorry.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yeah, it can.
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Without the Black Market you'll be waiting a while to install that shield. That particular Mammoth you have is top of the line gear and you're still in mid-game territory. Yoroi MX's and Mammoth 50MW shields are both installable by Fortresses, and only slightly worse (in level, actually I'd take an MX for the nice recharge rate over any but the 1000HP Mammoth).

Off-topic: For some reason, upon proofreading this post I came upon this fragment:
"You'd frankly probably be fine at the pointy"
I think I need sleep...

EDITED for clarity
Last edited by OddBob on Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I also think you need sleep, as you've still missed a few typos. The first word, for example.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

What level is this thing anyways? Certain stations can only install certain levels.
>.<
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think it's level 7, but that's just an (educated) guess.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Or an inference... i think point Juno-oh yeah...not there.
>.<
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I just checked, and the 100MW Mammoth shield is level eight.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Spoiler...newb spoilers below.

Well, level 8 can't be installed by commonwealth stations.Maybe CSCs, black markets...or ringers. Oh yes, and point juno.
>.<
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

well, I think he's realised that... :roll:
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Lol...this gives me a great idea for an item that installs something and is used when that happens.
>.<
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You mean something like a shield that as soon as you install it, it gives the same effects as the Invincible deflector?
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

No, an item you find in wrecks that installs stuff for free...up to a certain level. Say it's called...item installer. U(You, w/e) use it, it asks you what you want to use it on, and it installs it(if possible). Can install damaged weapons! :P
>.<