Still playing 1.01 0_o...

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
johnlgalt
Anarchist
Anarchist

Right, so I downloaded the game a while back, I believe it was 0.98, then got 1.01 - and haven't looked back at the website. I just started playing again last week, after killing myself 3 times I finally got a character playing decently enough - I've learned how to back up my save file,s and I'm currently at around 9K points.

Now I have come to the website and saw that not only is 1.1 out but also a 1.2 alpha - well, being the sucker for pre-release software that I am, I downloaded both - but my save games will not load in either one.

I really do not want to lose this week's worth of playing and start all over *again*. Is there any way I can get my save games to work in 1.1 / 1.2a1? The error I get when trying to use the save games is
"Unable to load game

Unable to find type: 400a (missing mod?)"
But I've never modded the game ever. Not even run as debug....

Or is this one of those things where I'll need all the missing versions of the game in between 1.01 and the current 1.1 in order to make it work again?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

UNIDs might be moved from versions, so I don't think 1.01 and 1.1 saves are all too compatible (to many things moved/added). I suggest either finishing 1.01 OR starting over in 1.1, but only start over if you've at least finished the game once ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
johnlgalt
Anarchist
Anarchist

Never finished the game. Bummer. But I have a lot of experience with the lower levels so I think I might as well start all over. Sad, though, really. I happened upon some pretty good armor for the lower levels - Ceratops 1T quasi-armor - lvl IV, hp: 70 red star +15% rain +70% Orange star +20% sun +25% - 10 MW, regen @ 3.3 hp/sec (value 4500) and Segment of advanced plasteel armor (*4) Level VI - hp: 135, red star +615% rain +615% green star +65% orange star +65% that has kept me alive in the battlemaster trials as well as fighting all of the different enemies....

I'll keep the save games around just in case, though. Maybe I'll go back to 1.01 and keep playing, but I'm loving the look and feel and updates in 1.10
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Press F1 to see what those symbols mean ;)
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
johnlgalt
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks for that. I will.

Started a new game - and for the life of me the first two systems seem a ton easier than on 1.01 - but the third system is kicking my derriere (well, mainly b/c I killed way to many pirates and now they've sent a Kronosaurus after me 0_o....
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

they've sent a Kronosaurus after me 0_o....
hi johnlgalt,
welcome to Transcendence Forums :D

Avoid the Kronosaur and skip to the next system, you know, you can always go back and destroy it later if you feel like it :D

About the bug:
"0x0000400A" is itNeutroniumPlate in 1.01
and it's still there in 1.1 with the same UNID.
Not sure what's happening. :?
johnlgalt
Anarchist
Anarchist

I've taken out 2 similar ships but that Kronosaurus is a beast lol.

I'm in Cygni now biding my time - I found one of the same pieces of armor I had in the previous save game, so, that's decent news. Plus, I'm for a Yoroi deflector as well as a turbo laser (I'm avoiding the omnidirectional for now -0 I want a bit more of a challenge).

Using debug mode, would I be able to remap a key? I want the "." remapped to down arrow - it makes it much easier to maneuver rather than having both up and down arrow increase thrust.

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions. I'm making a bit more progress this time, albeit it's from many many hours of 'learning by doing something wrong and then filing it away for later' experience lol
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Transcendence 1.1 creates a settings.xml and allows you to remap keys there.
johnlgalt
Anarchist
Anarchist

Awesome. Thanks!