Nanite Shields (from a mod I think)

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
the_Butler
Miner
Miner

Firstly this game is strangely addicting, so thanks for that- and the mods just make everything even better.

So to my question of sorts.

My favorite ship is a modded one called Aguptera or something of the sort. I like it because it self heals and talks occasionally. Plus I've always been a big fan of the idea of sentient ships. There's another "living" ship mod that I'd love to work right but it never grows as advertised. The forum thread for it sounds like it doesn't work so anyway.

I recently decided that I'd use nanite shields, it seemed like it was a good for a "living" ship. At first I felt powerful, with a patch spider, a repair arm, the self repair and the nanite shield repair I could wade into a group of enemies and barely get a scratch,,,,, that was until I got to a system where everyone and their uncle was using frickin' EMPs. I finally gave up and alt-F4'd out.

I wasn't destroyed, they couldn't beat the regen, even after damaging the patch spider, the shield was "offline" (even though it was still keeping my ship repaired), my reactor was dead, all my weapons dead, basically my ship could do nothing but spin around in circles, yet they couldn't beat my ships regen and after watching my ship spin around in circles for 3 minutes there were so many ships on screen that it was starting to lag to a crawl and on my computer that's hard to do.

Has anyone else used nanite shields?

Is it worth investing in barrels of emp resistance?

Do emp weapons get used for very long?

I think some of the nuclear weapons should have a light emp effect on them. After all a nuke going boom produces a massive emp, then again I guess these aren't standard nukes. It seems like I read somewhere that a cold fusion detonation wouldn't produce an emp but that was all theory so niether here nor there I 'spose.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

EMP paralyses your ship. Although it has a limited duration, additional hits will extend it. If the enemy keeps hitting you with EMP, you will be stunlocked perpetually.

Others think Nanite shields, from the Weapons Extended mod, may be or are overpowered. (I have not tried them myself yet.)

Barrels of EMP resistance? I do not think so, there are better. Radiation immunity for low level armors and ion-effect immune (which covers both EMP and device disruption, the latter is worse) for most high level armors. Level 7 armor is intrinsically immune to radiation (with few exceptions) and level 9 armor is intrinsically immune to EMP. If you want to order barrels from a trading post, order barrels of dyon dust. That will provide immunity to blinding, EMP, and device disruption.

In a standard game, EMP is used by relatively few enemies, but if you are playing Weapons Extended with random weapons, they are much more common, and will be used against you for much of the game.

Do not forget about Domina powers. They can save you.

Nuclear explosions have different effects in deep space than on Earth.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Nanite shield is overpowered. Mix it with a multiple armorsegment ship like the ones from PSD and you're almost invincible unless you're fighting Ares.

Nanite shield is from Atarlost's Northwind devices stuff, so yes, it is a mod shield.

I would suggest that you either try to run away and spam I->1 (sustain) before you get hit by a dwarg EMP OR get advanced ceralloy armor. Other than that I'd really try to stay away from the dwarg unless you have a high enough armor level. Problem is that by the time you get level 9 armor you'll be at the endgame anyways and there won't be a point to backtracking to beat the dwarg >.<
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
aiza
Anarchist
Anarchist

I might expand it up to 15 points later and add armor repairs, fuel tricks, and a few other little bits. The aim is just to point the newbie in the right direction to find stuff out themselves...since that's half the fun of transcendence.
the_Butler
Miner
Miner

Yeah the dust barrels is what I was talking about. There are two I believe, one offers resistance, and one offers immunity I believe.

I also forget about Domina powers, I've been playing the game pretty steadily for 2 weeks now and I've only ever used the powers 1 time, the shield when I was getting ganked by emps again. The armor I was using in the OP was carbide carapace I believe, 320 hp and it had a 10% bonus or somethin' on it as well (my memory is wonky, I got heat stroke at the beginning of the summer and I forget simple stuff like that all the time now). Sometimes the RNG for drops is god like, then other times the game just hates me but I'm sure some of you folks experience that as well.

Thanks for the replies to my randomness.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you want immunity from EMP and device damage/disruption, you want dyon dust for +IonEffect immunity. It will not reduce ion damage, but it prevents the rider effects that are usually associated with ion weapons, which includes blinding, EMP, and device damage/disruption. Ion resistance reduces ion damage taken, and the chances of getting afflicted by EMP/device damage from ion attacks, but resistance is not good enough protection against EMP/disruption.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.