Walkthrough ?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
johnny onetothree
Anarchist
Anarchist

So as i am a new stupid noob i only know everything, so is there any walktrough ?
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

There is no tutorial system yet, but you can check out the "Lets Play" series - Lets Play Transcendence 1.0 or the newer Lets Play - Lets Play Transcendence 1.1.

Where are you right now in the game? We can probably give you some tips.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

did you read captain's primer ?
http://transcendence.kronosaur.com/expl ... rimer.html

It's old, but it covers the basics very well :D

also, F1 is your friend if you need some help ingame. :)
johnny onetothree
Anarchist
Anarchist

Actually, what to do in Jiangs Star ?
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Jiang's Star and Sanctuary are mid-game fixed systems, and actually aren't all that different from each other, and the systems between them and a few more after them. They're (at least for me) the zone where you can cruise around relatively safely, because the enemies mostly keep to their self and don't wander around much, and there's no new enemies until probably some systems after Jiang's Star. Though you might encounter a little Ares in that system. It is where you should save up your money, ready for some significant upgrade on your ship, and also do missions for various factions, like militia, the fleet (not sure if the fleet is present in Jiang's, but it should be close.), and perhaps most importantly, the Huari. There's the Blackmarket as well, if you wants completeness.

This might not be very accurate, because I haven't play Trans seriously for a while. Can't remember exactly where Jiang's Star is in the map. It should be late in the mid-game, if it's early than that, well, at least you know what to expect in the late mid-game.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think Jiang's is the beginning of the end of the midgame. You should be looking yo buy ion or thermo weapons and a level VIII or higher shield. If not there then very soon after. You'll need them for fleet missions and Ventari. Ion's better for the former and thermo for the latter.
Literally is the new Figuratively