Is it possible to repair damaged equipment?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
TedStudley
Miner
Miner

If so, then where?
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So as to not throw in too many spoilers, there are only a few things that can be repaired which you'll end up discovering easily enough. There are other things that cannot be repaired, short of modding.

Sorry that my reply is quite vague, but this is the Beginner's Luck thread. Send me a site message if you really want to know the answers without finding them out on your own.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah...if you really want to know...post it in the Commonwealth thread...or send someone a PM(private message).
>.<
TedStudley
Miner
Miner

alright. After reading some of the future suggestions, I've gathered that there isn't really a way to repair most things, and that some people are rather disappointed about that. Oh well, maybe in the next update!
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Actually... well...maybe you can read the UTF and find out...more.
>.<
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Think of the inability to repair items as the incentive to continue forward. If the game spawns one of these "universal repair stations" five systems back, you hardly want the player backtracking all that way to repair to uber-item they just found. Better to encourage them to forge ahead and kill more bad guys because the next one they kill might have the item intact in its hold.
TedStudley
Miner
Miner

and get killed while going forward because they didn't have that item :P
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

no item should be required to go forward. You should always be able to find something to get by on.
The game doesn't do that yet but it is getting there.
Crying is not a proper retort!
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I wasn't thinking of some kind of universal Repair station, just a 1-time use repair bot you find in wrecks...
>.<
Karl
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Burzmali wrote:If the game spawns one of these "universal repair stations" five systems back, you hardly want the player backtracking all that way to repair to uber-item they just found.
That's a good point. I think a good way to reduce the need for backtracking would be to add a couple more "city" systems at well-spaced intervals, which have all of the regular services, including repair, and some interesting optinal ones. Right now you have St. Katherine's and then.... whatever. Knowing that there will be another system ahead where you can repair and equip would be nice.
~
[Grabs a box of batteries.] The power is mine! MINE! Ah hahaha! AHHHH HAHAHA!
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

And... what about my repair item?
>.<
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

goat not sheep wrote:And... what about my repair item?
That could be easily modded...
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ah...so it doesn't need to be added to the game...?
>.<