Dvalin, the missing scientist

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Teorias
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hey guys. Can you answer me a few questions:
1. Is Dvalin present in every game?
2. If yes, does he spawn always in the same system or is it random?

The reason for these questions is that its the first time i reach Point Juno without finding the guy and was wondering if he would appear after that.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

He's not system-bound. You can find him after Pt. Juno, but I'm not sure he's guaranteed. I'm not very interested in him, so many games I didn't bother to look for him, but in any games that I do, he's never absent.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Since corporate command came out, I've never been able to find him. Might be worth some investigationing to see if something's bugged. In previous versions I think he was always in Jiang's Star.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Dvalin is in the first Rasiermesser Factory station to become active. If you find a Rasiermesser Factory that doesn't have him in it backtrack.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Teorias
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks Atarlost.
The guy really didnt spawn and i found out why, an old version mod that messed up the stations spawning.
It messed up Dvalin, the Black Market rewards and looting radioactive ships.
Just had to uninstal the mod and start again, problem solved :P
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've seen many games where I find Dvalin in systems AFTER the first Rasiermesser Manufacturing Plant. I think mods like The Network, Beyond the Main Line, Uncharted and such break this rule. Or maybe it's DySys or System Density.... :?
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

In case of Corporate Command, its systems are generated after the main topology then grafted to it. Systems generated first get priority. Unique stuff are highly unlikely to spawn in the side, expansion branches. Perhaps other mods get similar treatment.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
snafu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

sun1404 wrote:I've seen many games where I find Dvalin in systems AFTER the first Rasiermesser Manufacturing Plant.
FWIW I've seen this too in previous incarnations of the games; whether it's changed now I've no idea (I haven't been able to concentrate for long enough to play the new version as much as I'd like)
Dom 8-)
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I don't know about you guys but, he usually shows up at the first Rasiermesser Manufacture station I get to. Or the first system that has one. Or the first system I enter that has one. Once I found him 2 systems after, because I jumped those systems through Elysium system and gated to the third Rasiermesser Manufacture station he's there, the ones before that he's not there.
NH620
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:Since corporate command came out, I've never been able to find him. Might be worth some investigationing to see if something's bugged. In previous versions I think he was always in Jiang's Star.
I've noticed this as well. Six games in a row and reaching every system, he's nowhere to be found. I think this does need to be looked into, to be certain.