Teratons not fabricating level 9+ equipment?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Warped
Anarchist
Anarchist

I've noticed that the Teratons are not fabricating equipment one level above the input item when the input item level gets to lvl 8 and instead, it remakes the lvl 8 item into another lvl 8 item. This is with all material, energy needs met and with the Teraton fabricator "purring with contentment". When i throw lvl 9 equipment in there, it gets made into lvl 8 equipment. There is only one instance where i got one lvl 9 weapon from them when i threw in a damaged lvl 9 weapon, but subsequent attempts to make it into a lvl 10 weapon only succeeded in remaking the lvl 9 weapon into another lvl 9 weapon. This is again, with the fabricator "purring with Contentment". I'm playing on version 1.2. Is there something that i'm missing or were the Teratons changed?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

From memory, teratons were changed in some way....but I'm not sure how, since I don't use them.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I don’t remember the specifics, either, but I do recall from looking at the outdated wiki page and having done source-diving that they were nerfed. That happened in 1.1 at the latest. I’m pretty sure Level 7 is the cap for feeding it a weapon and getting back something higher level, so if you give it a Level 8, the best you’re going to get back is a Level 8.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Warped
Anarchist
Anarchist

ah, ok. Were longzhu's also nerfed? i can't seem to boost my taikon 200 with them. I can only use diamond field crystals to do it and those are hard to come by.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Longzhus only enhance items up to +50%, IIRC.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Since 1.1, fabricator cannot increase item level beyond 8 anymore. A happy fabricator (disposition >= 5) will reroll an undamaged level 8+ item into another at the same level. Damaged item and/or angry fabricator produces worse output.

Longzhus do not stack enhancements anymore in 1.2.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Warped
Anarchist
Anarchist

Is there somewhere that lists all these changes? It's somewhat confusing to read tips that were good only in previous versions.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Just posted this monstrosity!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

Warped
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks for that.

Is there a place where ALL of the changes are listed though? from the stuff about longzhus, it seems that the teratons weren't the only stuff changed.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Besides Teraton fabricators and no more longzhu stacking? Doubtful. Then again, those were the two big nerfs. Other changes off the top of my head.
* Longzhu spheres do not repair/enhance Iocrym plasma weapons.
* IM90 only has about 64% of its former DPS (lower damage and slower fire rate)
* Omnidirectional ion blaster does less damage (it now feels like a level 8 weapon, probably weaker than Ares lightning turret)
* Many thermo weapons are more damaging by about a third.
* Ares positron cannon is 50% stronger and has shield-buster (feels almost like a level 10 weapon now).
* Plasma cannon is stronger, stronger than Lamplighter against everything except final boss (and only slightly).
-- With 1.3 beta... --
* Dvalin requires two-thirds of former item donations to get his rewards. (i.e., you do not need to give as much as before.)
* Ion9 does 50 damage plus shield buster per shot (was 40 and no anti-shield), but the free enhancement was reduced from 80-100% to 50-70%.

Warped
Anarchist
Anarchist

ok, thanks.