Best (Semi) Vanilla PermaDeath Yet (For me)

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Tshark9999
Miner
Miner

With an Osaka, I managed to get all the way to Point Juno with a 500MW reactor (Koshiba?),
a dual particle beam (30%), Raisiermesser launcher with a crapton of Gotha-300's (I think), a plasma shield (30%), miner's cargo hold, Titan 440, hexacarbide armor with the front and back pieces (50%), and the sides also being hexacarbide with ion resist. I died once due to being too close to an exploding sung fortress (Derp), but luckily had insurance. I think I had 170k+ credits from selling a bunch of loot, and I became rich early game due to mining. I had some kind of thermonuclear cannon at the end, don't remember what kind it was but it was ammo less. I managed to kill the Charons pretty easily, hanging back and sniping with a dual Flenser cannon that had +fast while also having a cannon accelerator. 27 damage/ 5 shots per sec is made of win. Easily my best moment in the game was leading 5 Ranx dreadnoughts to a planet that had a CW station, a Taikon Ventures station, and a Ringer Collective orbiting it. Needless to say, GLORIOUS DESTRUCTION. Unfortunately, after getting to Juno and fending off the Ares, I accidentally plowed through the Europa debris field running away from the positron turrets, and got nailed with missiles by several kobol gunships. This sucks since it was a few hours since my last save :( . I forgot to save the final score sheet due to me trying to press space bar to shoot the gunships :(

What do you guys think about my playthrough? Any changes or tips you can give me?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hmm. Your shield and weapon aren't the best choices. Generally I just sell plasma shields and go for something a bit higher-level, but they're not bad shields.

I haven't used the Rassiermesser launcher for a while, but it's a solid launcher. Not the absolute best lategame launcher (that's the ares launcher), but a decent enough choice.

The dual particle beam is not a good weapon for Pt. Juno because it's a low-damage weapon of a type that's rapidly becoming obsolete at that point in the game. You really want an ion or thermo weapon instead....if you really have to be using particle weapons, make sure it's a dual-TeV9 or Hanzo.

Using drives on the Osaka is generally an excellent move. It's also a good trick on the Sapphire. Your armor is the right sort of thing to be using. The miner's hold isn't the best cargo hold for general use (the standard hold is lighter), but it does let you collect ores, which are a pretty good cash source with ringers and corporate traders around.

So in general....not a bad run at all.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I wouldn't really recommend any hold. You're not mining and the extra space is just an invitation to overload and tank your maneuverability. Maneuverability loss is smoother in 1.3, but it's still a concern.

Whatever thermocannon you have should be adequate. Your last save is when you entered Pt. Juno and you're unlikely to pick up such a weapon in that system other than in the Europa vault so you should still have it.

The tritium cannon is the only bad thermocannon. The Dwarg Behemoth gun isn't great, but it'll do the job. Any of the howitzers is great, as is the advanced tritium. I'm not fond of some of the ammo using thermo weapons, but they're not bad either.

Even the tritium cannon is better than any particle weapon.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Tshark9999
Miner
Miner

Edit: I forgot to mention that the dual particle beam I mentioned was a dual tev 9, and I found out that my save was at Juno, instead of earlier. I was used to the old saving styles. Also, my thermo weapon was a Mark V howitzer. I also had an Akan 600 (50%) in storage.
Tshark9999
Miner
Miner

Also, thanks for the help and quick replies!