some questions

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
ololosh333
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hey guys, i dont know english well, so a have some problems with game.
1)I didnt save point juno, but i saved csc antarctica. So may i get the lamplighter or not?
2)I have fracture cannon (+40%) Is it better than lamplighter?
3)Which items(weapons, shields, etc) should i have to kill the iocrym command ship?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

1.Nope. To get lamplight you need to save the scientists, save point Juno, retrieve the prototype, and kill the Antarctica after Decker has asked you to. Saving the Antarctica gets you the Gem of Sacrifice if you dock with the carrier, which will knock out all armor on targets close to your ship when you use it. This includes your ship, so be careful.
2. At absurdly short range, yes. But you need to be very close to do full damage with an IFC.
3. Any non-omni weapon of level 9 or higher can in theory kill the ICS. And you want the best shield and armor possible. Keep in mind that the ICS has a special weapon that will disintegrate ships with regular armor once their shields drop. To avoid this, try finding light iocrym armor and some repair kits to keep it in good condition (iocrym armors cannot be repaired by human stations, but kits and regen nanos work fine). The "best" weapon for the ICS is probably the Ares Plasma Archcannon, because that's the best weapon at almost everything. Especially if you optimise and/or speedload it. If you've got the GoS from the antarctica battle, a good technique is to use it to take out the shield and armor of the ICS from behind cover (the little planet near the stargate works well), then use the 'Restore' power to regain shields, then use armor kits to repair armor. Then use a heavy weapon to take out the remaining internal HP of the ICS. And mind the lobsters.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The Fracture cannons are very effective against almost everything BUT Iocryms. The command ship will have better weapons than a Fracture cannon. The easy way to win is to attack from far away. If you have the Gem of Sacrifice, you can use the gem, then use Domina Restore or Defense, or Sustain. Then Ring of Wrath.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
ololosh333
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks for answers.
And what about csc terra? When i dock to it, there is a message about prototype. So does this mean that i wont be able to have any missions from terra?
And another question. A didnt save temples in the huaracama. So may i get any missions related to this system? And is there another system like huaracama in T?
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ololosh333 wrote:Thanks for answers.
And what about csc terra? When i dock to it, there is a message about prototype. So does this mean that i wont be able to have any missions from terra?
The reward for the Terra's mission is the Lamplighter, whose prototype can only be acquired by saving Point Juno and following their mission chain. If you lost Point Juno, you won't be able to accept the mission.

For future reference, the best way to save Juno is to acquire a long range weapon(preferably Fusionfire Howitzer), immediately locate and begin firing upon the Ares squadron in the eastern portion of the map, and attempt to destroy as many as possible before the attack begins. After that, the Cometfalls should be easy to dispatch with a use of shatter(just donate slave coffins from Sung camps to Domina if you can't use it yet).
And another question. A didnt save temples in the huaracama. So may i get any missions related to this system? And is there another system like huaracama in T?
The mission to save the temple was the only mission there(it can vary based on what dialogue options you pick). Don't worry, the reward isn't as powerful as the Lamplighter and it is no longer necessary to have it to win the game. For the second question, Huaramarca is currently the only side system, but there are mods in development that add more.
ololosh333
Anarchist
Anarchist

And the last question. I dont understand how to use cheats. When i open debug console and writing code, appears a message about wrong or missing command. May be there is a special way to enter a cheat? I mean that may be i should add ' or " or anything else before the cheat. Can you post me a screenshoot for example, please?
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ololosh333 wrote:And the last question. I dont understand how to use cheats. When i open debug console and writing code, appears a message about wrong or missing command. May be there is a special way to enter a cheat? I mean that may be i should add ' or " or anything else before the cheat. Can you post me a screenshoot for example, please?
From what I've seen, most people just download G.O.D. mod for that purpose. Here's a link: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=310
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

ololosh333 wrote:And the last question. I dont understand how to use cheats. When i open debug console and writing code, appears a message about wrong or missing command. May be there is a special way to enter a cheat? I mean that may be i should add ' or " or anything else before the cheat. Can you post me a screenshoot for example, please?
The debug console is very powerful, but not very accessible. You can cheat with it, but not in the sense that there are pre-define cheat codes. Instead, you can do just about anything you want with it.

For example you could try:

Code: Select all

(intFleetCreateWingmen (sysFindObject gPlayerShip "GNN") 6 0x001A3007)
and see what happens.

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Last edited by pixelfck on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The debug console isn't exactly a cheat panel, but rather an input method to let you directly command the game with codes. Primarily it uses a custom Lisp language made for the game, TLisp. Unless you're interested in learning the language, using a god mod would be easier.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

sun1404 wrote:The debug console isn't exactly a cheat panel, but rather an input method to let you directly command the game with codes. Primarily it uses a custom Lisp language made for the game, TLisp. Unless you're interested in learning the language, using a god mod would be easier.
Even if you are interested in learning the language Alterecco's G.O.D. mod is easier. The console is very minimal and has neither clipboard support nor command history.
Literally is the new Figuratively
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

In all my playing, I have never once encountered a speedloader. Is there any way to make sure that it appears in the game?

The G.O.D. mod is much easier than the console, but it may take a while to figure out where every function is in the menus. It took me forever. :roll:
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Speedloaders are unidentified. If you install one with a howitzer installed it will identify or you can order them from corporate trading posts as "howitzer high-speed loader".
Literally is the new Figuratively