Completely legal black market ID chip

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Ihlosi
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

In my last game, a destroyed station happened to drop a black market ID that doesn't have the "illegal" tag.

Aren't these things supposed to be totally illegal?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ihlosi wrote:In my last game, a destroyed station happened to drop a black market ID that doesn't have the "illegal" tag.

Aren't these things supposed to be totally illegal?
 They are. The difference between ones you get by looting and the ones you get from the hotels is that the ones you get from the hotels are identified. Try dropping the looted one off somewhere safe and selling something illegal at the hotel to get the ID there, and then going back and picking the other one back up. It’ll have its “Illegal” tag show up as normal.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Ihlosi
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

AssumedPseudonym wrote:They are. The difference between ones you get by looting and the ones you get from the hotels is that the ones you get from the hotels are identified. Try dropping the looted one off somewhere safe and selling something illegal at the hotel to get the ID there, and then going back and picking the other one back up. It’ll have its “Illegal” tag show up as normal.
I see ... so it's like finding an un-IDed ammo box that suddenly gets confiscated after docking because if id'd, it would have had a 'military' tag?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

More or less, yes, though IDs won’t get confiscated.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)