Stealth armor doesn't work?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
neogoliath
Anarchist
Anarchist

So like the wiki said, I stayed out of the range of the closest enemy by 30 light seconds, with a full set of stealth armor? but I still get fired on :?:
I was facing Deimos and Phobos from carrier missions btw.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you had a full set of stealth armor and didn't shoot at the enemy it shouldn't notice you. Unless the mission hardcodes the thing into targeting you when you get close....in which case stealth won't help. Currently it's an incomplete mechanic....it controls when the enemy starts shooting, but it will always know where you are anyway, and will not stop attacking once the game tells it to stop ignoring you. Best bet is to ignore stealth armor for a few more versions and see if the mechanic gets enhanced a bit.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The Phobos and Deimos have a perception value of 6, which means stealth armor does nothing and they can see ships with regular armor from approximately 2.25x as far away.

See this post for more info:
http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6953
Cabbage Corp, the only mod with cabbages!

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Player can target enemies when visible, and when the targets disappear, due to increase in stealth (like flying into nebula), you still have a target lock and can fire homing missiles or auto-aim with an omni weapon. Perhaps targeting for all should be broken when this happens?

Some ships have perception greater than 4, and this makes stealth armor practically useless against them.

I tried stealth armor with a value of 7 or 8, and it is too easy to hide from enemies with normal perception (of 4).

Also, overlays of any kind (e.g., EMP, pteravores, side-mounted weapons) remain visible on invisible ships, although you cannot target them if you did not have a lock.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.