Any tricks to get cheap fuel in Eternity Port

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
neogoliath
Anarchist
Anarchist

I had been abusing the Sisters Refuel in Stars of the Pilgrim. Now fuel seems harder to come by in EP? Is there any tricks to this?
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Not that I know of, you just need to be pragmatic. Shut down your shields when you're not using them, and shoot lots of ships that you know to carry fuel.

My playstyle doesn't seem to leave me with trouble finding fuel, I often have too much.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I believe Asia Pacific and EU will buy certain items for well above market price (I don't remember which, though- sorry! I think AP might pay well for devices like laser collimators) but only in their funny money. If you're really concerned about fuel expenses it might be worthwhile using one of these factions just to buy fuel, only selling them items that they pay a premium for. I never feel like I have fuel issues in EP but I try not to mount equipment like power armor or above-level shields that put a big resting drain on the reactor.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The early game in Eternity Port does seem harder than Stars of the Pilgrim. The upside is that most early stations in EP have missions and they pay better than missions in SotP. Very few early game enemies have fuel, so refuel at stations whenever possible. Upgrading your reactor makes it easier to go longer between refueling.
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:I believe Asia Pacific and EU will buy certain items for well above market price
Not exactly. Asian Pacific and Eurasian Diarchy stations pay the same prices for everything as Commonwealth stations, only converted to their currency. One credit is worth 2 yuan or 2/3 of a euro. Due to rounding, some items are more efficient to sell at AP stations or less efficient at ED stations, but this is only significant for very low priced items like ammo.

The real significance of which currency you use is due to Commonwealth trading posts ("Trading Post [name]"). These stations allow you to convert yuan, euros, and rin into credits and vice versa. The exchange rate for converting yuan to credits is 100 yuan to 60 credits, which is a 20% profit compared with selling the same items to a Commonwealth station. All the other exchange rates result in a loss of value (although this is still the most efficient way to get rin). Until you've found one of these stations, all the currencies are basically equivalent.

The one strategy I've found that makes the early game significantly easier is to search Kibo for the gate to St. Katherine's Star and go through as soon as possible. Usually there are some manufacturing plants and some hotels and corporate enclaves, so you can make tens of thousands of credits by trading. Uninstall and sell your starting equipment if necessary to get started. Afterwards you can get some better equipment.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

When you refuel, always use one less item than you "need" it almost always overuses the last one, so save it for later!
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

NMS wrote:The one strategy I've found that makes the early game significantly easier is to search Kibo for the gate to St. Katherine's Star and go through as soon as possible.
One thing I usually abuse is farming the Ferians, which can be found as early as a single system beyond St Kat's
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Early Ferians seem to be slightly less farmable now; I've been seeing a lot more titanium ore (and also occasionally stuff like neutronium, granted) and a lot less chronimium and pteracnium.
neogoliath
Anarchist
Anarchist

Oh yeah, Ferians carry Xenitite. Hmm, I was wondering, does the radioactive actnide cannon always leave wreckage?
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

neogoliath wrote:Oh yeah, Ferians carry Xenitite. Hmm, I was wondering, does the radioactive actnide cannon always leave wreckage?
Ships killed by radiation always leave wrecks. I'm not sure about ships killed directly by the weapon, but I believe they don't.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

JohnBWatson wrote:
neogoliath wrote:Oh yeah, Ferians carry Xenitite. Hmm, I was wondering, does the radioactive actnide cannon always leave wreckage?
Ships killed by radiation always leave wrecks. I'm not sure about ships killed directly by the weapon, but I believe they don't.
Even Hornets and autons?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Assuming the shot damage itself doesn’t kill them, they can theoretically survive long enough to leave radioactive wrecks. I’ve looted the wreckage of my own irradiated autons after run-ins with the Sapiens crowd before.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
travbm
Miner
Miner

I found lots of Xenotite ore in asteroides, the ore is found is some system where ferians are mining. With a fuel converter or fueling or mining mod I had lots
of xenotite fuel. But I don't know if that mods works with that version.
Doing nothing here.