How does one manage to find 179 system map ROMs?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

This fellow apparently managed to do so.

I always find myself a bit short on those, so if there's a way to get a lot of them I'd like to find out. Can they be farmed from some obscure EP - only enemy?
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That's not the only odd thing about that record. Note the 102 million credits, 10 million credits of medical supplies donated, and no damage taken before installing level 10 armor and shields.

I think that version had the glitch where you could attempt to buy and install armor segments from the commodity exchange and get the station's entire inventory for free, which explains the money. I'm not sure about the other things.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

NMS wrote:... no damage taken before installing level 10 armor and shields ...
I don't think the records track previous armor (it could be a bug). If you look at the list of items installed, there is plenty of lower-level armor that he/she installed.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

george moromisato wrote:
NMS wrote:... no damage taken before installing level 10 armor and shields ...
I don't think the records track previous armor (it could be a bug). If you look at the list of items installed, there is plenty of lower-level armor that he/she installed.
It definitely includes all the shields and armor you use now.

Possible explanation: the game was started with version 1.2 or a 1.3 beta that still had the item duplication by text box overflow glitch. The map ROMs were duplicated using that glitch. After playing for a while and upgrading to level 10 armor and shields, the game was updated to a version that tracks damage taken.