WIP guide on Steam

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I've been working on a guide and made an initial release today. It's a bit clunky, but Here it is.

I'm looking for contributors willing to make other guides for Steam, and others willing to update. I'm also looking for an emergency co-author so that if I vanish some day then there isn't an out-of-date guide floating around that can't be edited.

In addition, feedback is welcom. Keep in mind that this is a general guide, and more specific stuff is best left in other guides sometimes.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Aeon Blaze
Miner
Miner

Shrike, good job on the steam guide.
Now the newbie players will share our annoyance for the "I can't aim properly" Anton. :D

And a minor typo,
Any ship made by the Asia-Pacific Diarchy (APD) will be installed onto an external weapon slot, giving it full omnidirectional abilities.
That should be weapons.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Thanks, fixed. Also altered the title of that section, and added a note that the Raijin burns fuel quickly in stock format.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It's also worth noting that donating a lot of cash (as a percentage of your total worth, including ship equipment) to them will make them likely to offer repairs and refuelings at their stations as well, so that might be worth doing as well.
Donating money is terribly ineffective, except in an emergency. If you have 0 credits, they always offer free refueling and repairs. Donating food, fuel, or luxury goods is decent though. You get one refuel or repair for each 400-800 credits of items, depending on the type, so the more you donate at once, the more efficient it is.
All powers have a cooldown, so you can't spam them all the time. Here they are, listed in the order you unlock them in.
After Sustain, they come in pairs that share a cooldown. Also, Ingenuity is before Desperate Escape and Shatter.
Asia-Pacific Diarchy
Asian Pacific Directorate (not to be confused with the Eurasian Diarchy)
... external weapon slot, giving it full omnidirectional abilities. This means if you only choose APD weapons, you've got free omni abilities.
It only gives swivel, the Otoroshi just happens to be omni already.
There's one last complication. Eternity Port is more 'plot-driven' than SOTP. So you can't unlock all your powers right away. As you go through the story missions (given by Morningstar and the residents of Eternity Port) you'll remove level caps. If you've given enough stuff before these are removed, you'll instantly get the powers. If not, you need to give more items to your shard.
No, it's just a matter of feeding it enough QCPUs. It takes 5 to reach level 5 (unlocking the last power) and 8 to reach level 6, at which point it will stop accepting them, so giving it too many other items before that point may make it impossible to reach level 7. I don't think it's possible to reach level 8.
Has a rapid cooldown after every use (about 20 seconds)
60 seconds
attack on large target
one large target
You'll never miss with one
You'll usually hit at close range, and a good fraction of the time at longer ranges, anything more is overstating it.
Domina powers (I > A)
I 1
'WMD' ratings, which show on the weapon icon in the hold as a note about "station damage" or 'Mass destruction'
These no longer appear.
two of them are actually harmful (although only one of these is serious)
There are also defective shield enhancement ROMs.
Last edited by NMS on Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

....Defective shield upgrades are cubes, not ROMs. Apart from that, nicely spotted.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oh, right. Also:
if you really need to use omni weapons till, go for a pair of Ares Lightning Turrets
This is pretty silly, leaving you with no WMD weapons. The sustained rate of fire of two lightning turrets is only a bit better than an omni ion, so this would be painfully slow against stations and compartments. The omni thermo cannon is reasonable though. And till -> still.
Last edited by NMS on Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I did think about that....but the omni-thermo does have ammo issues. I might alter that later though since WMD is kinda a big thing now.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Possibly only works once per station
Jettison stops working after 3-5 times (random) per faction (sovereign). Notably, a lot of stations share sovereigns like Commonwealth and Corporate.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Is it time to turn off the wiki?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Those and more. There are several pages on the wiki, even as outdated as it is, that I consider to be indispensable references, particularly those pages that you can’t just go sourcediving in a decompiled TDB to get details on.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I agree. The wiki isn't very good, but there's important stuff on there. Migrating it to better formats might be a good idea.

Made a post on the game forum listing the known bugs for 1.6 and workaround/possible workarounds.

It looks like people are enjoying the game, despite the issues that have been cropping up. Which is great. :)