Beginner Funny Side

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

In the first time playing this game, you may confused with gameplay and/or storyline. I remember when I was first time playing this game, I was really confused! Even I was reach Heretic Stargate and nothing I can do again. And funnily, my ship is only equip a mining laser, monopole deflector screen, four solar armor, and Reactor 25MW. How I can survive? Well, I only travel stargate and ignore some story point (Like Charon system and Point Juno system). That's my story, how about you?
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

…I don’t even want to think about trying to fly through the late systems with a setup like that. Fighting through the late systems is right out. x.@;
 I think the closest thing I have to an amusing tale to tell about my early days would involve the Huari. On my first real run — you know, the fourth or fifth time I started a game and was actually trying to play instead of just trying to figure out what everything did and how it all worked — I was wreaking massive havoc on the Sung Empire. I stumbled upon the Huaramarca gate by pure chance, went through, and came out of this weird looking gate on the the other side. It was surrounded by a goodly number of ominous ships which, fortunately, showed up in green. That was my first encounter with the Huari. After a bit of exploration, I decided I wasn’t ready for whatever questy stuff I would probably get at the temple if I docked there, so I headed out.
 The amusing part of the story is actually on my next playthrough. Imagine my surprise when a couple of Huari fortresses in one system were first showing up as hostile — and proved it when I got a little too close!

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

0.99c. 24+ hours of gametime, 6 deaths.....and I didn't have any of the (three or so) guns that could kill the old-style ICS.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:I didn't have any of the (three or so) guns that could kill the old-style ICS.
I must have been pretty good back in the pre-1.0 era, since I never made it to Heretic with a gun that couldn't take on the ICS - it was always my armour or shields that were way behind at that point.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The first two or three times I played in 0.99, I didn't even reach Heretic...just gave up half way due to lack of fuel.

First time I reached Heretic...yay! I was still equipped with laser cannons and really bad armour and killed instantly by the radiation surrounding the gate. :D
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

AdmiralZo wrote:The first two or three times I played in 0.99, I didn't even reach Heretic...just gave up half way due to lack of fuel.

First time I reached Heretic...yay! I was still equipped with laser cannons and really bad armour and killed instantly by the radiation surrounding the gate. :D
The first time I reached Heretic, I had traded in St. K's to get a bunch of money and scouted ahead in a Wolfen with blast plate and an OTL, looking for better armor. When I finally got to the late game, I realized that all my credits couldn't buy me anything, my weapons weren't good enough to actually kill anything for loot, and the worldship plate I got from blasting a Gaian processor with missiles was too heavy for my ship's hull.

I gave my looted stuff to Dvalin, but it was never enough to get the Ion9. I had to slink all the way back home with my tail between my legs.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I gave my looted stuff to Dvalin, but it was never enough to get the Ion9. I had to slink all the way back home with my tail between my legs.
Ah, yes, the thief! I give ya Ion9 fer ya good rare level 9 'n 10 devices. Before, Dvalin was a total ripoff. Now, with reduced requirements and improved Ion9, he may be okay for Freyr players, but he is still better left alone (unless player desperately needs the Akan600). Why bother with Ion9 (unless your ship is Freyr) when Ferian warriors can be farmed for a similar but better weapon?
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PM wrote:
Ah, yes, the thief! I give ya Ion9 fer ya good rare level 9 'n 10 devices. Before, Dvalin was a total ripoff. Now, with reduced requirements and improved Ion9, he may be okay for Freyr players, but he is still better left alone (unless player desperately needs the Akan600). Why bother with Ion9 (unless your ship is Freyr) when Ferian warriors can be farmed for a similar but better weapon?
I actually feel the Ion9 is a better weapon. Sure, the FPC has a better damage type...but the handling properties of the Ion9 make it easier to pelt stuff. FPC doesn't kill enemy weapons quite a much though...with is both a good and bad thing. The vanilla Ion9 could use a few buffs though all the same.

...of course, neither is as good as the APA, but that thing's insane.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I also feel Dvalin Ion9 cannon is best. If you can obtain it before Huari mission or Point Juno mission. I recommend this weapon.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!