Exploring

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
alibegoa
Anarchist
Anarchist

How am I supposed to fully explore a star system for all stations friendly and unfriendly?
Should I go everywhere, or just fly round marked orbits, even if they appear to be devoid of any objects in some parts?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Probably. Check along the orbit lines. If you do not see one, but see a few objects that clearly form one, check those out too, if necessary.
Last edited by PM on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Stations will spawn most often around planets and large asteroid fields. Sometimes you'll find systems with really sparse, small asteroid belts that sometimes have stations but take a long time to explore. There's also a possibility of stations spawning in the void - not in orbit around any planet.

Generally just checking out the planets will reveal most of the stations, and dense asteroids in the systems that have them.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Astraltor
Anarchist
Anarchist

alibegoa wrote:How am I supposed to fully explore a star system for all stations friendly and unfriendly?
Should I go everywhere, or just fly round marked orbits, even if they appear to be devoid of any objects in some parts?
Yup

there's also System Map ROMs which can often be found in Fuel Depots and Explorer Autons purchased from Auton distributors which do exploring for you (does not find stargates tho)
"You're supposed to have terrible aim in a barroom brawl. How else are you going to get everyone in the whole place involved?" - mucat
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

One more tip: If the system has nebula, and you have the Nebular Sight power, use it! It reveals everything normally visible on the map (like stations) inside nebula.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.