items to store for future use

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
alibegoa
Anarchist
Anarchist

As in topic, is there anywhere I can store items for future use, instead of carrying them around in my ship where they take up much needed space?
Astraltor
Anarchist
Anarchist

Mule Autons, have 75.0 tons cargo capacity. Can carry anything you want. Also don't get scanned by CW customs or anything.

They're also squishy, so I try to keep them behind - in the previous system or on top of the stargate i entered from. (enter stargate, and while allies are warping in, use s[q]uadron orders and make everyone wait.)

I'm a hoarder, but i'm getting better at dropping most things - I'm realizing there's a lot of stuff that I don't need - low level barrels, which are heavy - and I won't ever use.

Cargo hold expansions help?
"You're supposed to have terrible aim in a barroom brawl. How else are you going to get everyone in the whole place involved?" - mucat
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

One of my usual favorite places to store stuff is in the random radioactive shipwrecks you run across every so often (or, occasionally, create on your own when you run into Sapiens). Other ships won’t dock at them to steal your stuff, and that includes vultures salvager nomads. Of course, being radiation-proof yourself does help with that, unless you have enough cash to burn to deal with the 500cr decontamination fees — 250cr to put stuff in, 250cr to take it back out. It’s best if you can find them near stargates or other stations, though; it’s too easy to forget where they are, otherwise.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You can create radioactive wrecks by using the Waste Cannon. The waste cannon can either be acquired through the Plague class gunships (somewhat light blue small ships with red spot at the front) or can be created at a Tinker station from 6(?) barrels of radioactive waste. When hit by that weapon, enemies that arent immune to radiation get radiated and leave behind a radioactive wreck. Also what sort of items are you talking about and whats your ship? Im just curious :D
alibegoa
Anarchist
Anarchist

The ship is Osaka, items are various. I might not need them, but I like to have them around.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

K. You might sell them. Its better to sell them, unless its a patch spider or other such consumables.
Astraltor
Anarchist
Anarchist

TheLoneWolf wrote:You can create radioactive wrecks by using the Waste Cannon. The waste cannon can either be acquired through the Plague class gunships (somewhat light blue small ships with red spot at the front) or can be created at a Tinker station from 6(?) barrels of radioactive waste. When hit by that weapon, enemies that arent immune to radiation get radiated and leave behind a radioactive wreck. Also what sort of items are you talking about and whats your ship? Im just curious :D
black market stations/shipyards sometimes stock the cannons as well
"You're supposed to have terrible aim in a barroom brawl. How else are you going to get everyone in the whole place involved?" - mucat
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Astraltor wrote:
TheLoneWolf wrote:You can create radioactive wrecks by using the Waste Cannon. The waste cannon can either be acquired through the Plague class gunships (somewhat light blue small ships with red spot at the front) or can be created at a Tinker station from 6(?) barrels of radioactive waste. When hit by that weapon, enemies that arent immune to radiation get radiated and leave behind a radioactive wreck. Also what sort of items are you talking about and whats your ship? Im just curious :D
black market stations/shipyards sometimes stock the cannons as well
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You can jettison items out of your ship which leaves an abandoned cargo crate. Scavenger Nomads won't steal them in the Eridani, Rigel and St Kats systems. In other systems you will most likely lose them.

Do this over the planet or large asteroid near a stargate so you can find them again. Also being over the planet will stop them from being destroyed by stray weapons fire (mostly). They don't need much to destroy them along with all your loot. Backtrack as required to get the item you want.

Once you have a jumpdrive (or a heap of Gems of Despair) you can leave/jettison your cargo in the Elysium system. Totally safe there.

The ShipLog mod (although it doesn't work very well in 1.6) is very helpful with keeping track of stashed goodies. It not only tells you where the crates are but also the contents (as long as you dock with the crate at least once).
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Astraltor
Anarchist
Anarchist

relanat wrote:You can jettison items out of your ship which leaves an abandoned cargo crate. Scavenger Nomads won't steal them in the Eridani, Rigel and St Kats systems. In other systems you will most likely lose them.

Do this over the planet or large asteroid near a stargate so you can find them again. Also being over the planet will stop them from being destroyed by stray weapons fire (mostly). They don't need much to destroy them along with all your loot. Backtrack as required to get the item you want.

Once you have a jumpdrive (or a heap of Gems of Despair) you can leave/jettison your cargo in the Elysium system. Totally safe there.

The ShipLog mod (although it doesn't work very well in 1.6) is very helpful with keeping track of stashed goodies. It not only tells you where the crates are but also the contents (as long as you dock with the crate at least once).
depending on the circumstances the cargo is jettisoned. if it's the middle of nowhere and the player stays in the system for long, then it could be taken by scavengers/salvagers if there are any. if it's by a stargate and the player leaves the system, the cargo will be safe until their return (afaik)
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

relanat wrote:You can jettison items out of your ship which leaves an abandoned cargo crate. Scavenger Nomads won't steal them in the Eridani, Rigel and St Kats systems. In other systems you will most likely lose them.

That's the way I used to do it when I was more of a pack rat. The ship's log mod (Captain's Log) is also great for keeping track of the inventories of stations you've visited. That way, instead of buying something right away and having to haul it around, you can go back and get the item when you actually need it.

PM's Playership Drones mod lets you buy and upgrade an EI500 or an Agauptera that can carry stuff around for you. You can even tell it to loot wrecks for you. That's the only situation where I'll be a pack rat any more. It's not worth it to me any more to run around like crazy so I can keep items that are several levels below my installed equipment.

[edit] My reason had been to save military-level weapons to sell to the Black Market and Teraton Nests, and I'd sometimes even save ore. But there's an easy way to get rins that doesn't involve hauling things around. After you've sold so much stuff to a nest that it has no rins left, you can carefully destroy it and sell the loot to another nest. Be careful not to hit the defense satellites around the nest, though, or they'll start shooting back with level 10 weapons.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I store items in abandoned stations that have no Nomad Salvagers in the system.

Only Nomad Salvagers will loot items from abandoned stations. They do not appear past level 5 systems.

In Stars of the Pilgrim, Eridani, Rigel, St. K's, and all systems beyond Sanctuary are guaranteed Salvager free. In systems with known Salvagers, I try to eradicate them. They do not respawn, but it is not easy to confirm if they are all dead.

Corporate Command, I am tempted to rush to Rigel for Salvager free system.

Eternity Port, St. K's is next to Kibo.

Tip: Do not store items at the Korolov at Charon after it gets destroyed! After you cleanse that system, the station will be rebuilt, and all items left there will be lost.

Avoid storing items in shipwrecks, unless they are radioactive. Sometimes, other ships will scuttle wrecks and take what they find. No one will try to loot radioactive wrecks, and most weapons early in the game lack WMD to easily destroy ships. However, if you do this, do not store explosives or volatiles like fuel, ammo, and other more obscure items. Any damage to wrecks holding explosives has a chance to explode the wreck. Late in the game, storing items in crates or shipwrecks should not be necessary, except to lure Gaian Processors to where you leave items (like near a Ringer station). No Salvagers means storing items in stations is safe.

I hoard everything, so I can defeat buying limits in shops and to abuse Teraton fabricators late in the game. I am a compulsive pack rat in this game.

Using Playership Drones feels like cheating. If you use PSD, you will play a much higher powered game, at least with PSD6 (until I finally support all ships and finish PSD7).
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You may store items at centauri base (destroyed) in Eridani near commonwealth colony. With no Salvager and more easily to remember, make this station is perfect for storing items to future use. But if it's not necessary items, you can sell it. Mule auton is best for second transporter if you annoyed because speed reduction by cargo overload. For some reason, "Travel Light" is good option for combat.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!