CSC TERRA Mission

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

After I found CSC ANTARTICA, then what should I do?
Should I let them destroyed by Aquilla? Or I should protect them?
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

There are two choices you can make -

1. Save the Antarctica
If you're seeing the Aquilas, that means you chose the "Save the Antarctica" route through dialogue choices, meaning you need to destroy the cruisers before they destroy the Antarctica.

2. Destroy the Antarctica
No Aquilas will show up, and the ship will become hostile - you need to destroy it before it gates out.

Both paths have a different reward.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Xephyr wrote:There are two choices you can make -

1. Save the Antarctica
If you're seeing the Aquilas, that means you chose the "Save the Antarctica" route through dialogue choices, meaning you need to destroy the cruisers before they destroy the Antarctica.
This isn't true. You can let them kill it(or assist them in killing it) and Decker will give you the Lamplighter. If you only assist or just let the Aquilae kill it, you'll need rank 6 to get the Lamplighter, though Decker will hold it for you until you get that rank.

NOTE: If you kill or attack one or more of the Aquilas, and then kill the Antarctica, you will receive no reward. Decker won't be handing over a superweapon to someone who gets their laughs by killing his soldiers. Oddly enough, you will not be court martialed for murdering about a thousand Fleet crew, though. Apparently Decker doesn't have the evidence to prosecute you.
2. Destroy the Antarctica
No Aquilas will show up, and the ship will become hostile - you need to destroy it before it gates out.

Both paths have a different reward.
Telling Helios that you intend to kill her will not result in any Aquilas spawning, and the only available reward will be gained from killing it. It's a very weak enemy, and stands no chance against anyone with a weapon with decent range, so this is not a useless option if you want a clear shot at it in order to get the LL at a lower rank(or boost your score).
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If I protect CSC ANTARTICA, then what's happen next?
Click this link!
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

DigaRW wrote:If I protect CSC ANTARTICA, then what's happen next?
You'll be given a reward by the captain. The Commonwealth Fleet will not be happy with you and demote you.

Spoilers: The prize is a halo gem that inflicts massive damage on the player and all surrounding ships. good for the iocrym fight.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Xephyr wrote:
You'll be given a reward by the captain. The Commonwealth Fleet will not be happy with you and demote you.

Spoilers: The prize is a halo gem that inflicts massive damage on the player and all surrounding ships. good for the iocrym fight.
In particular, it damages everything within a certain radius, including the player, such that one more hit is sufficient to result in a kill. Right now, it's only really useful in conjunction with a Gem of Contrition in order to make the fight against the Iocrym Command Ship even more trivial than it already is, though I imagine in part II it will be vastly more useful to have, as more daunting enemies show up.

To be fair, the Lamplighter Archcannon, the reward for destroying the Antarctica, isn't particularly useful right now either. It's getting a rework soon, though.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

JohnBWatson wrote:
Xephyr wrote:

In particular, it damages everything within a certain radius, including the player, such that one more hit is sufficient to result in a kill. Right now, it's only really useful in conjunction with a Gem of Contrition in order to make the fight against the Iocrym Command Ship even more trivial than it already is, though I imagine in part II it will be vastly more useful to have, as more daunting enemies show up.

To be fair, the Lamplighter Archcannon, the reward for destroying the Antarctica, isn't particularly useful right now either. It's getting a rework soon, though.
Except (unless it's been fixed) it doesn't hurt internal compartments. So it's abit tricky to use.

And contrition gems do not work on the Iocrym.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

And contrition gems do not work on the Iocrym.
That's right, my mistake.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The gem used to be useful before 1.0, but now the real reward is that there's an extra research station mission.
Literally is the new Figuratively
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The gem of sacrifice does now set internal HP to a random value from 1 to 10. It also lowers shields and damages each armor segment by 96 to 99 percent of its maximum HP. So it should be effective against the ICS, but don't use it if you have armor damage or are about to take damage.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

NMS wrote:The gem of sacrifice does now set internal HP to a random value from 1 to 10. It also lowers shields and damages each armor segment by 96 to 99 percent of its maximum HP. So it should be effective against the ICS, but don't use it if you have armor damage or are about to take damage.
Even so, it triggers the lobster attack while you're one shot from death.
Literally is the new Figuratively
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Good point. You should probably activate Defend or Sustain first.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I using 4 Phobos (CSC Antartica faction) by using G.O.D to defend CSC Antartica. After she escape, I'm going to CSC Terra. Now I demoted, so it's okay to running CSC fleet mission once again?
Click this link!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

DigaRW wrote:I using 4 Phobos (CSC Antartica faction) by using G.O.D to defend CSC Antartica. After she escape, I'm going to CSC Terra. Now I demoted, so it's okay to running CSC fleet mission once again?
Yes, you can do Fleet missions again now. The main reward of them is the ability to get the Lamplighter, though(aside from the ability to sic your squadron on enemies you feel like killing after you complete your mission), so there's not really any point to redoing missions after you've gotten to the rank with free armor repair and refueling.