Farming

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Mc2
Miner
Miner

Hello,
I went thru all wiki, but I miss one thing. so this is generally for this angels who created Transcendence wiki.
What loot can be obtained from opponent, or vice versa. All know, what you get from ferians or some well known enemies.
For example, farming ranx dreadnought lead to lot of patch spiders, if you want endless source of gragonfly misiles, and mags, destroy blackmarket station( but be sure you are able to beat molotok easily and then afford to spend lot of money if you want to end head hunters haunt).
But what to do, If you want lot of ion capacitors, or tritium injectors, or other consumables (crystals). It is not easy to find what ships can drop besides their standard equipment.
Using CTP is the way, but there are always more usable thing to order.

Other thing, when I mentioned, why CTP give 3 tritium injectors, but only one Ion capacitor?

Have a nice sunny day
Mc2
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Mc2 wrote:Other thing, when I mentioned, why CTP give 3 tritium injectors, but only one Ion capacitor?
 I can answer this part, at least. George is fixing this in the next version he’s releasing — see this Ministry ticket.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Things like injectors and other boosting items don't generally turn up in ships....I wouldn't really consider them farmable.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Shrike wrote:Things like injectors and other boosting items don't generally turn up in ships....I wouldn't really consider them farmable.
I believe the loot tables can be located, though. Look for the ship you want to farm in the source code. If it gets items from a table, stdtypes has the criteria for the items in that table.

It's likely possible to generate the exact contents of these loot tables with a fairly simple mod, which would be good info to put up on the wiki.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The item tables can be found in StdTypes.xml. But they're basically just a set of criteria for choosing items. Most of the loot you get is either specific items like fuel and ammo or chosen from one of those tables. I haven't studied the code for picking random items in depth, but I think the way it works is to search all the items in the applicable adventure and extensions for ones matching the specified criteria, then add them to a list some number of times, depending on the rarity of the item and how close its level is to the specified level, then pick an item at random from the list.

Most enemy stations and many types of capital ships are likely to have loot drawn from one or more tables of consumables (fuel, ammo, armor repair, etc.), minor items (armor, enhancers, and maybe a few other things), or major items (most devices, field crystals).

I generally wouldn't recommend trying to farm ships for random items - it could take a very long time to find what you want and isn't necessary to get endgame quality gear. But if you absolutely must farm for tritium injectors, or something similar, your best bet is probably to hang around a Ranx Fortress, kill off all the guards, and farm the reinforcements as they arrive. The reinforcements have a 25% chance of including a dreadnought, which has a 30% chance of having 1-2 items drawn from "&trMinorItem8;".
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Enemy loot makes Teraton fabricators desirable if late enough in the game. Fabricators can convert loot into new, undamaged, random items.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Mc2
Miner
Miner

Actually I do not know how to farm, but what I was missing if there will be on wiki where to find which consumables the easiest way when you farm which ship.
How work TF should now any bit skilled player, and honestly, I´m patient person, but not enough to feed, energize and materialize teraton, to try many times if it spawn desired consumable.
I suppose that loot will be in 1.7 rebalanced anyway.

For example, Farming Phobos brings very low result with a huge effort, RANX Dr. are easy to kill and sometimes lot is very friendly.
What about small, but still reasonable chance that lot from capital ships will lead to consumable enhancers, and maybe of type which is typical for them, like ranx use blast weapon, so I could have hexagene booster, from AREs ships Ion capacitor and tritium injectors, something like that.
It is pitty, that strongest one slot weapon is level 8, because the higher damage type can be enhanced only by 20%.

SO, have a nice sunny day
Mc2

P.S.: still need almost 9 million to make best PM score ever in SoP.