How do you know if you have done everything in a system?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Zanatar
Anarchist
Anarchist

So I'm the 2nd system.. ie: 5 indi system. I haven't really found all that much to do here. There is one station.. ie: Golevka station, that gave me about 4 or 5 missions. And has now asked me to go to another station in another system .

But I thought I read that there is a boss in every single system. I haven't seen a boss here anywhere, nor have I found anything further to do.. should I just move on?

Is there a database or web site, that shows a list of missions, quests.. etc.. in each System?
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

each system, except for some key systems, is randomly generated. Each time you play the game, the stations, the encounters the layout of the planets, etc will be different. Because of this it is impossible to write down what you can find in each system.

Not every system contains a 'boss', in fact, most systems don't. Just continue to the next system when you feel like it.

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

All mission in game is optional except going to galactic core, but that missions is easiest way to make money. Some mission doesn't give a money, but a big reward await you if you finish specific mission. You don't have to destroy all enemy station except if it necessary.
So, if you miss a mission in one system, don't to be worry, there are more mission in other system.
Last edited by DigaRW on Sat May 07, 2016 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

And about the boss, there a few ship that I called as boss.
-Arco Vaughn, he is very strong at early game, though he can easily killed by blast weapon.
-The Slicer, Strong and fast, and you must kill him alone.
-Kronosaur, Very strong and very annoying Xd, he using Blast plate, which it very strong against missile.
-Dragon Slaver, His antimatter weapon is very deadly.
-Phobos, not a boss though, but when you are good luck or bad luck, you'll find him in CSC mission.
-ICS, final Boss, their weapon is very deadly if you don't have any shield.
Click this link!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

In Transcendence there are several systems that are pre-determined. Eridani, Tau Ceti, Rigel, St. Katherine's, Point Juno, etc. Some of these are completely set in stone, while others are partly randomised. These places usually have set missions. Some of them you need to find, others are rather blatant about it. There's no overt storyline to guide you through things though.....this game is fairly hands-off in terms of plot details.

Most systems, however, are procedurally generated. You choose what you do in them. Generally I'd say to try clearing as much as you can, because between trading items and selling loot you'll build up funds. Money is actually really important in this game when you're starting out and aren't entirely sure where to go. It means you can make more mistakes and be able to come out of them.

But basically, look in at every friendly station, because some of them have missions (mining colonies and agricultural stations in particular), go to bars on commonwealth metropli (hardly anyone does it, but it can reveal stations you've missed), kill everything that's red (Although you may want to not do that with the Huari because there's a way to make them friendly). But when you're running out of things to do, or want to see something new? Then move onwards. You can always backtrack if you want to, after all.

Although sometimes you'll find a system that just looks like a horrible mess, in which case...yeah, you can skip it.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You forgot some bosses, Diga! Here is the full(ish) list [SPOILERS LIE AHEAD]
  • Arco of the Centauri
    Kronosaur of the Pirates
    The Slicer of the Arena
    Dragon Slaver
    CSC Antartica (potential)
    Xenophobe Worldship
    Xenophobe Arc
    ICS
Mini Bosses
  • All pirate frigates
    Earth Slavers
    Phobos (though these are the most fearsome enemies in the entire game)
    Ranx Dreadnaughts
    The Ventari
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

TheLoneWolf wrote:You forgot some bosses, Diga! Here is the full(ish) list [SPOILERS LIE AHEAD]
  • Arco of the Centauri
    Kronosaur of the Pirates
    The Slicer of the Arena
    Dragon Slaver
    CSC Antartica (potential)
    Xenophobe Worldship
    Xenophobe Arc
    ICS
Mini Bosses
  • All pirate frigates
    Earth Slavers
    Phobos (though these are the most fearsome enemies in the entire game)
    Ranx Dreadnaughts
    The Ventari
Right, I forgot some of them.
Click this link!