The Longzhu Quest and other questions

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

How do you guys typically pile Longzhu spheres?

And what do you think about the usage of Laser Cannon Arrays?

Do you know places where Morningstars typically spawn?
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

TheLoneWolf wrote:How do you guys typically pile Longzhu spheres?

And what do you think about the usage of Laser Cannon Arrays?

Do you know places where Morningstars typically spawn?
-If I have favorite weapon but damaged, then I use it. Otherwise, I sold it or dump it.
-For systems before Rigel is quitely useful.
-Don't know, it was manufactured by EI (as I remember). So it's hard to find fixed location for finding Morningstars (except mod).
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Pile longzhus? Do you mean stockpile as much as you can find, or using them on items many times for higher damage? Stockpiling, kill and loot Sung citadels, and check Ringer (and maybe Teraton) shops. You may find about two dozen total after you check everywhere. As for the latter, that has been patched, and longzhus cannot enhance enhanced devices.

Old laser array was awful, but I have not tried the new-and-improved one yet. Seems as useful as a laser version of TK10 Trident, and the TK10 served George well in the beginning of his Eternity Port broadcast.

PK25 Morning Star is a level 4 weapon. You will have a rough time finding any particular level 4 soon enough when it matters. They are rare in New Beyond. In Ungoverned Territories, they may be a bit more common, but by then it is mostly obsolete unless it is a launcher (like MAG launcher) or something special (like waste cannon).
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah I wanted to know how to find many of them.

My Fast-Fire laser cannon serves me equally well!

Morningstar is a very powerful weapon. I wanted to find it, so I could bash open Frigates
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

TheLoneWolf wrote:How do you guys typically pile Longzhu spheres?
Woah, I got an idea for a new newbie boost mod. I will built a new station that sell a pile of Longzhu Spheres.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

TheLoneWolf wrote:Morningstar is a very powerful weapon. I wanted to find it, so I could bash open Frigates
If you find one early enough, sure, you will smash things. If you find it after St. K's, it may not be powerful enough compared to the level 5+ items you will see. Most places that sell level 4 or 5 weapons before St. K's are arms dealers, and they are much less common than level 2 or 3 weapons.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

@DigaRW
Do enjoy ;)
PM wrote:
TheLoneWolf wrote:Morningstar is a very powerful weapon. I wanted to find it, so I could bash open Frigates
If you find one early enough, sure, you will smash things. If you find it after St. K's, it may not be powerful enough compared to the level 5+ items you will see. Most places that sell level 4 or 5 weapons before St. K's are arms dealers, and they are much less common than level 2 or 3 weapons.
Its one weapon that needs to be more findable. I haven't checked out its code but

Code: Select all

numberAppearing= "4"
oughta do!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

TheLoneWolf wrote: Its one weapon that needs to be more findable. I haven't checked out its code but

Code: Select all

numberAppearing= "4"
oughta do!
No, it will not. All that does is make four of them appear when they spawn. Frequency affects how often they appear. numberAppearing affects how big a stack is when that item type is spawned.

Devices above level 3 are rare in the New Beyond. Even common things like particle beam weapon are relatively rare at that point of the game. Once you go beyond St. K's, level 5 and 6 items become common. Level 4 items are a bit more common in Ungoverned Territories than in New Beyond, but are somewhat uncommon - and mostly obsolete. This is why I write level 4 is a bad place for items (devices).

TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Can't that be tuned?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Without adding another station that is guaranteed to have the weapon you want, you will need to overwrite several stations and change their data. Many (Commonwealth) stations in New Beyond only have items up to level 3. In arms dealers, items above level 3 are noticeably rarer.

TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote:Without adding another station that is guaranteed to have the weapon you want, you will need to overwrite several stations and change their data. Many (Commonwealth) stations in New Beyond only have items up to level 3. In arms dealers, items above level 3 are noticeably rarer.
The Black Market? Don't they hold these?
And all those weapon stations in Rigel?
We should definately add an EI dealership!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Black Market deals with Illegal and Military items.

Arms dealers in Rigel *is* your most likely place to find level 4 or 5 weapons in the New Beyond, and your chances of finding the one level 4+ weapon you want is not good. If you do not find it there, you probably will not find it before St. K's.

TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks for all the help, PM!