How to deal with Dwarg masters?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

No it's correct, it was in Jotunheim, right after Katherine's. Partly it was bad luck cos i got no systems in between and jumped from Rigel to Charon right into Katherine's and i didn't get the stations (or the money, don't recall) to beef up.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If you're not rigged to deal with the Dwarg by the time you leave St. K's, you'll be in for a rough ride. I always try to scour every system and even double check the stores to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'm still alive! But this time i was better equipped, not surprisingly i got many more systems before StK's which allowed that.
I didn't have a good weapon tho, a turbolaser plus everything and a NAMI. Used the Nephren which indeed helps. I experimented a bit with the ICX, what you need to do is choose a direction and speed up, then turn the ship so it faces the shots sideways, now it takes out a share of the shots, about 40% as i saw it.
Finally i decided to attack the stations, four of them packed together and at least eight masters in the system, i used titanium barricades and formed a mirrored L-shape facing in such a way that one bar shielded from what could come from the stargate... i survived, barely. Don't know how many times i returned to repair my Gusokuplates.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If you prefer using Gusoku armor while combating the Dwarg, you may want to consider hitting them with barrels of monopole dust (lvl 5) if you can find any. Really helps against those paralyzers if/whenever your shields collapse. Just bear in mind that whenever you negate EMP, the Ion itself will cause damage to your armor.