What armour and weapons do I need...?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Post Reply
User avatar
Red
Miner
Miner
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:04 pm
Location: Earth

Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:36 pm

So I havejust entered had entered (now lost game) the Jiang Star system and I know from past attempts to get through to the last system that from here on in there are some really well armed baddies that kill me again and again and again. Sigh. They seem to have mostly thermo and green weapons as well as those evil fry your engines, crash your shields thingy.

Anyway can anyone suggest what armour, shield and or weapons that I can get my hands on that might help me die less?

I am starting at the beginning again.. so... sigh.
Life isn't worth living without a little passion - Red

Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:35 pm
Location: Dancing in the universe
Contact:

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Sound you're having trouble with the Ventari. They use an Ion weapon (disruptor) that disables equipment, then kill you with their particle weapons (tev9).
You'll need armor that resists ion or is completely immune for the ionising effect. For example the different Carbide armors from Taikon. They are light and strong, Good resistances to lategame damagetypes. Octocarbide will get you all the way beyond Heretic....

As for shields, Look for shields that have fast regeneration. They are more useful then high HP shields in the lategame. Nephren, Iocrym and Taikon shields are generally good. Taikon 200 shield is my preference, but not always available in the game. Buy and loot as many Diamond field crystals as possible, they make your shield stronger and they stack!

Weapons, Anything above level 7 will do. but Thermo is the most versatile type. Plasma an Ion types are good to, but not as versatile or powerful as Thermo. If you can equip several weapons, make sure you have different damage types for example Ion and Thermo or plasma weapons. That makes dealing with Luminous drones easier. An Ion weapon with shield buster abilities is very nice to have. I generally ignore Positron weapons, they use to much power and have too little effect.

If possible, use Domina powers to enhance your equipment, before using other enhancers.

User avatar
Red
Miner
Miner
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:04 pm
Location: Earth

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:28 pm

That is great thanks... I am playing offline so not sure I can get a some of those things like the Diamond Field Crystals but I will try the armour and I think I will get the shield generator that I had before. It was fast, once upgraded and had lazier, thermo, partical, iorn and well a little bit of everything even though it was only a level 4 or something shield. Fry's my everything when it failed. It was a small draw back for a good shield.
Life isn't worth living without a little passion - Red

User avatar
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:47 pm

If you're talking about the Ventari(those large brown ships), they're definitely an interesting faction. They have well armed destroyers and settlements, but also spawn destroyers that wander around the system and attack any friendlies that they see - you'll often find quite a few dead ones near Ringer stations. They're all but impossible to defeat within range of their weapons when they start showing up, but all of their weapons are mid - ranged and their ships are quite slow, making them very easy to kite with any gun that has both high range and enough damage to get through their armor.

What I'm getting at is that it's trivial to destroy them if you purchase or otherwise obtain a Mk V or Fusionfire howitzer. They're two of the most overpowered guns in the game right now, and will let you attack Ventari ships with impunity as long as you stay in the region between your howitzer's range and the range of the Ventari TeV9s. They're also both quite easy to enhance with tritium boosters, enhancement devices, or Domina's help, and can last you until the end of the game if you make use of that fact.

If you're really having trouble, a Mk III howitzer can also be used to kill them very easily, but it takes a bit longer than if you use a more level - appropriate weapon.

User avatar
DigaRW
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:10 pm
Location: Deep dark space/Indonesia

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:48 am

Ventari Colony is hard enemies, they have well balanced armor, powerful TeV9 blaster, and annoying ion disruptor. Try to avoid them if you found one, they can quickly kill you or at least deal heavy damage with a chance damaging devices. But if you want to kill them, Thermonuclear weapon is best to kill them, as they have compartment. Lurking them to friendly (e.g CSC, Ringer) also increasing chance to survive against them.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Semesta I.G.C v1.34
Great corporate that feature a new items and challenges!
YourCORP v1.11
Build your very own corporation!
Trade Item Extension v1.14
New misc items, foods and resources!
StrongBox v1.4
Open it up to get a random equipments!
Flare Weapons v1.3
New weapons that have very unique abilities!
Click this link!

User avatar
Red
Miner
Miner
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:04 pm
Location: Earth

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:04 am

JohnBWatson wrote:If you're talking about the Ventari(those large brown ships), they're definitely an interesting faction. They have well armed destroyers and settlements, but also spawn destroyers that wander around the system and attack any friendlies that they see - you'll often find quite a few dead ones near Ringer stations. They're all but impossible to defeat within range of their weapons when they start showing up, but all of their weapons are mid - ranged and their ships are quite slow, making them very easy to kite with any gun that has both high range and enough damage to get through their armor.

What I'm getting at is that it's trivial to destroy them if you purchase or otherwise obtain a Mk V or Fusionfire howitzer. They're two of the most overpowered guns in the game right now, and will let you attack Ventari ships with impunity as long as you stay in the region between your howitzer's range and the range of the Ventari TeV9s. They're also both quite easy to enhance with tritium boosters, enhancement devices, or Domina's help, and can last you until the end of the game if you make use of that fact.

If you're really having trouble, a Mk III howitzer can also be used to kill them very easily, but it takes a bit longer than if you use a more level - appropriate weapon.
Thank you! I am thinking of the Ventari but I am also thinking of the enemy's that you can fin in the last system by the *why am I forgetting the names of everything?* the big bads in the very last system. They are horrid, one hit and you are a goner!
Life isn't worth living without a little passion - Red

User avatar
Red
Miner
Miner
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:04 pm
Location: Earth

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:06 am

DigaRW wrote:Ventari Colony is hard enemies, they have well balanced armor, powerful TeV9 blaster, and annoying ion disruptor. Try to avoid them if you found one, they can quickly kill you or at least deal heavy damage with a chance damaging devices. But if you want to kill them, Thermonuclear weapon is best to kill them, as they have compartment. Lurking them to friendly (e.g CSC, Ringer) also increasing chance to survive against them.
Running away after shooting and luring to places with bigger guns play a large part of my later game play lol. I will keep an eye out for those weapons though!
Life isn't worth living without a little passion - Red

Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:35 pm
Location: Dancing in the universe
Contact:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 pm

The shield you had is probably the Invincible class.
It is a good shield, even better if you use Hiro's shield optimiser on it. But you should ditch it as soon as (or before) you enter the outer realm. The enemies there are powerfull enough to breach that shield with a few shots and you'll be completely disabled as the shield collapses due to its emp effect. So When you reach Jiangs star you should already be looking out for a high level shield (level 7 or better).

So to counter the big ships of the outer realm (Ares Phobos, Rankx dreadnought, Xenophobe wordships and arks etc.) You need level appropriate shields and armor. The level 5 Invincible (even enhanced) will not stand up to level 7-10 weapons.

User avatar
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:44 pm

Red wrote:
Thank you! I am thinking of the Ventari but I am also thinking of the enemy's that you can fin in the last system by the *why am I forgetting the names of everything?* the big bads in the very last system. They are horrid, one hit and you are a goner!
The Iocrym? They're easy as long as you don't let them get close enough to shoot. They're quite slow, so that shouldn't be an issue. Just stay away from them and shoot them with any medium - ranged weapon while they chase you. If you're talking about the ICS(the final boss), just loot and install the Sentinels' armor(not necessary, but a good cautionary measure to take) and install a Longreach to keep the orbs from hitting. You'll take a while to damage it with the lower - tier weapons, but it's not much of a threat at all as long as you take cautionary measures against its disintegration abilities.

User avatar
Red
Miner
Miner
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:04 pm
Location: Earth

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Thank you all! I feel like I may just have a chance now! Maybe there is less running away in my future lol.
Life isn't worth living without a little passion - Red

User avatar
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Aboard the CSS Radiant

Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:47 am

The Ventari? Grab a long range howitzer and snipe them while drifting.

User avatar
Red
Miner
Miner
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:04 pm
Location: Earth

Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:51 pm

TheLoneWolf wrote:The Ventari? Grab a long range howitzer and snipe them while drifting.
That does work.. It also shoots me backwards from the recoil lol. Saves on fuel though!
Life isn't worth living without a little passion - Red

User avatar
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Aboard the CSS Radiant

Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:12 pm

Red wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:51 pm
TheLoneWolf wrote:The Ventari? Grab a long range howitzer and snipe them while drifting.
That does work.. It also shoots me backwards from the recoil lol. Saves on fuel though!
Happy hunting ;)

Post Reply