Some questions

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
seaotter
Anarchist
Anarchist

1. Does the stock at various stations restock after a certain amount of time?

2. Are black market missions in game? They wont give me one but I have been promoted a couple times from selling a lot of illegal stuff elsewhere.

3. Is there any way to identify stuff like roms or barrels apart from testing them out?

4. Is an x ray laser any good?

5. Does installing more than one patch spider have any extra effect?

thanks
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

1. no

2. yes, keep selling illegals at the BM station

3. no

4. dunno

5. not sure, but I've heard it does. Even less sure since the new version was released.
kaypy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

4. It does more damage than other lasers, but it is still a laser (ie ineffective against high level shields/armour). I'd swap it for a particle based weapon that did half the listed damage... Oh, and it has the usual short range of a laser too...

Its not like its omni or anything... I'm sure you can find something that dishes out more hurt...

5. Yeah, I collected a dozen or so once... It fixes you up pretty fast, but the energy drain is cumulative so you just wind up going back to base for fuel instead of repairs...
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

seaotter wrote:1. Does the stock at various stations restock after a certain amount of time?
No
seaotter wrote:2. Are black market missions in game? They wont give me one but I have been promoted a couple times from selling a lot of illegal stuff elsewhere.
There is one mission that is available at BM stations and shipyards. But you can only do it once, and you can only get the mission after your first promotion but before your second.
seaotter wrote:3. Is there any way to identify stuff like roms or barrels apart from testing them out?
The trick is to test them out in a safe manner.
seaotter wrote:4. Is an x ray laser any good?
It rocks on toast. It is the best weapon in its level by far. Not by itself, but there are ways of making it ridiculously powerful. Properly upgraded, it can wipe out any ship with a couple of hits until you hit the Ares.
seaotter wrote:5. Does installing more than one patch spider have any extra effect?
It's supposed to. Enemy ships that need to keep their armor repaired use more than one of them.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

yes, two patch spiders heal 2 damage every time they are activated