getting the lamplighter weapon...

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Femaiden
Anarchist
Anarchist

i've been playing this game off and on for years.
probably beat about 20-30 times.

but

i have never found the "lamplighter" weapon.

i've seen in other posts, people saying the lamplighter is the best weapon to fight the iocrym because it is antimatter and such. but nobody anywhere seems to say where to get it. nobody else seems to have trouble finding it either.

i don't understand how to get this weapon,

i hate asking for spoilers.

i know that at point juno, they send me on a mission to recover the prototype and i'm like..ok.

i recover the prototype and bring it back and they just take it and then it seems that the storyline ends there. i don't get another mission and over the rest of the game, all the "CSC" stations just give me the routine missions to raise my rank and then i move on to the end of the game and beat the heretic system and its over.

i always end up having to beat the iocrym boss ship with a fusionfire howizter...or on one occasion, i got the ares version with WMD10 from a phobos ship.

on my current run, i got the qianlong cannon, which i'm saving for the end.

but ,how the heck do i get the lamplighter?!
i thought maybe people were like, stealing the prototype instead of bringing it back. i installed the prototype on my ship and every third shot, it misfires. often damaging myself in the process. the weapon is practically unusable.
so i guess there must be a way to get a fully developed lamplighter at some point in the story?

i never really understood any of the story missions, they always seem to just end abruptly with no sense of closure.
like the story with the woman i saved at the beginning and then theres the guy Benedeict and i get sent me to various systems to meet up with him and do tasks ...
most runs, i dunno, i seem to screw it up somehow.
usually i get it to go all the way to eta ceti and then i somehow fail it.
unless maybe the story missions are unfnished and this is where it ends?

but i digressed, that probably belongs in a separate thread, since this one is about how do i get the lamplighter.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If you get a high enough fleet rank, find the CSC Terra and you'll get the mission to hunt down the CSC Antarctica from Admiral Decker.

Depending on your choice in the mission you can get the lamplighter.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Femaiden
Anarchist
Anarchist

Xephyr wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:44 pm
If you get a high enough fleet rank, find the CSC Terra and you'll get the mission to hunt down the CSC Antarctica from Admiral Decker.

Depending on your choice in the mission you can get the lamplighter.
oh, i see...
i never understood what made the antarctica appear.
for me, some runs it appears, some runs it doesn't..and whenever i get imto the dialogue , it makes no sense because it's like, i have the option to say "i have orders to kill you" and i'm usually like "huh"?! when did i get "orders" to kill them?

it's kind of like the huari, where some runs, i'll find the friendly huari base and get to do the questline but other runss, i won't. i read that it's linked to whether or not you destroy huari bases, but i never do that because they are just not worth the effort to take down their capital ships.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Go to CSC Terra if you has high Rank, and they will order you to find CSC Antarctica. You can destroy it, or let Commonwealth Assassin to destroy it (based from your action when you docked it).

If you destroy it by yourself, you will get Lamplighter. Free!

But if you let Commonwealth assassin destroy it, you will get Lamplighter once you has the highest Rank (Fleet Captain). Prepare yourself against Phobos.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Femaiden wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:57 pm
it's kind of like the huari, where some runs, i'll find the friendly huari base and get to do the questline but other runss, i won't. i read that it's linked to whether or not you destroy huari bases, but i never do that because they are just not worth the effort to take down their capital ships.
Huari will be a friend if you destroyed around 4-7 Sung Fortress.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Femaiden wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:57 pm

oh, i see...
i never understood what made the antarctica appear.
In most of the game's well designed missions, enemies don't 'appear'. They're always there, and you can interact with them beforehand. The CSC Antarctica is in Dantalion, and the game will spawn it at a certain distance from the anticoreward gate, since it's planning on leaving soon. If you're having trouble finding it, go to the meeting hall at the nearby Commonwealth colony, and you can bribe a female rogue fleet pilot to give you its location. I suppose rogues can't be counted on to be loyal.
for me, some runs it appears, some runs it doesn't..and whenever i get imto the dialogue , it makes no sense because it's like, i have the option to say "i have orders to kill you" and i'm usually like "huh"?! when did i get "orders" to kill them?
That's a glitch. I reported it ages ago. The game doesn't account for whether the player had a reason for looking for the Antarctica before he found it. Should you reach a certain rank, you'll be able to land on the Terra and speak to Admiral Decker(which is either in Dantalion or the system before it), he will order you to hunt down and destroy the Antarctica. I believe that if you destroy the Antarctica before being ordered to do so, you won't receive any reward.

If, upon encountering the Antarctica, you offer to spare them, you can defend them from a Fleet attack or leave them to die. If you stick by your orders and either refuse to spare them or attack them without talking first, no Fleet task force will gate in, and you'll have to destroy the Antarctica on your own. Allowing the Antarctica to be destroyed by the Fleet will get you the Lamplighter, but you'll need to reach the highest rank before receiving it. Destroying it yourself without Fleet assistance will get you the Lamplighter unconditionally. Protecting it from the Fleet and then docking with it will get you a Gem of Sacrifice, which is effectively useless in the current game due to the final boss's lack of difficulty, but will set the health of you and everything nearby down to 1. Allowing it to leave after claiming you'll destroy it or after attacking it gets you nothing.
The Huari become friendly if you destroy a lot of Sung fortresses and citadels without killing any Huari. It's not just one base - the entire faction will be friendly towards you.