corporate trading posts

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Femaiden
Anarchist
Anarchist

what do you guys usually "order" from the corporate trading post.

i've never been sure what i should get.

most games, if i come across them, i order tritium injectors and ion power capacitors because my endgame weapons are almost always the omnidirectional ion blaster and the fusionfire howitzer.

however, on the wiki page, in the description, who ever decided to edit it, suggests ordering targeting ROMs...huh?!
why would i waste the equivalent of a "wish" in nethack for a targeting ROM?
then they suggest "giving it to your wingman" ...again,huh?!

i suppose they must be referring to some mod that allows you to have a wingman? i know the game gives you a couple in vanilla, but those wingmen are useless, weak and get themselves destroyed at the first opportunity.

i did read somewhere, that it is possible to get a run where the targeting ROM never appears anywhere, so i suppose in that case it would be justified, but in over 50 runs, i have never not found a targeting ROM.

on a couple of occasions, i ordered the dual x-ray cannon so that i could make the omnidirectional x-ray, but i try to go as far as a can and hope to find it naturally before wasting my "wish"

tl:dr
so, what do you all like to order from the corporate trading posts?
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I was once can't find targeting ROM anywhere, until I made my way to Trading Post. Targeting ROM little bit uncommon, and sometimes player might has a bad luck before they reach Ungoverned Territories.

First thing that I order in Trading Post are:
- Targeting ROM (If I can't find it in early game)
- System Map
- Ion Resistance barrel

I don't order anything more than that.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
Femaiden
Anarchist
Anarchist

DigaRW wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:29 pm
I was once can't find targeting ROM anywhere, until I made my way to Trading Post. Targeting ROM little bit uncommon, and sometimes player might has a bad luck before they reach Ungoverned Territories.

First thing that I order in Trading Post are:
- Targeting ROM (If I can't find it in early game)
- System Map
- Ion Resistance barrel

I don't order anything more than that.
i am not judging you, i just want to understand the rationale.

like i said earlier... i never had that problem. I ALWAYS found the targeting rom in every game.

the system map? i dunno, those aren't all that good. they don't reveal everything, just most of the stuff, which can easily be found.
the rest of the stuff that is in weird spot, i'll use the explorer auton.
the auton is very delicate so,
I usually park the auton on a planet until i clear most of the stuff in the system and then i tell it to explore to find the last couple of things. then i tell it to wait and leave it when i go to the next system and scout ahead to make sure it is safe

the ion resistance barrels? i suppose you could do that if you never find one, but i always find those in every run.

i'm not sure how you play without enhancing the damage on your weapons, some of the enemies are really super bullet spongy. . .
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Tritium injectors and a speedloader(if you can't find one) turn the Fusionfire from OP to gamebreakingly OP, so that's what I order.

If I'm playing CC, I buff up a nanofac - supported and lithium - boosted omni thermo cannon instead.

Note that the omni Ion blaster is a suboptimal endgame weapon. The Ares Lightning Turret is significantly more powerful - it can destroy a Chasm in one burst, unenhanced.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Thermo or ion enhancers are what I would order if I want to power up the appropriate endgame weapon to 150%.

Diamond field crystals for enhancing a Taikon-200 shield to 150%. Since they only increase by 10%, better to enhance shield 20% by another way, then stack the diamond crystals.

Longzhu spheres are great for enhancing energy weapons and shields to 20% or repairing them (or ammo for Qianlong Archcannon). Also great for enhancing an engine like a Titan or Megadrive.

120 chests of jinn-khan if I feel like feeding lots of luxury food to the fabricator. Fabricator is still very powerful despite the nerfs it received over the years. I have not needed to resort to this before, but I have came close to feeding all of the luxury food I found to the fabricator a few times, and some quick and easy fallback source of more food could be handy.

Targeting computer ROM is a good choice if you are unlucky enough to find one. This happened to me once, and it really hurts.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Femaiden
Anarchist
Anarchist

i've never found an ares lightning cannon before in dozens of runs, i have never even seen a broken one...

although, on my previous run, i found an ares version of the fusionfire howitzer(which i never saw before either) it has slightly oess damage and fire rate but a WMD 10 instead of the 5 on the fusionfire

and i did acknowledge, i understand ordering the targeting rom if it doesn't appear...it's just that that has never happened to me. i always find the targeting rom within the first couple of stargates.

and, i wouldn't call the fusionfire howitzer "OP" as much as "essential", no other weapon can pierce the defenses of the phobos and the gaian ships.

and unless you want to sit there for an hour plinking away at the ares shipyards...even with it, i usually end up leaving most of the shipyards because by that time, they aren't worth it, i have my end game gear and all the money i need, it's pointless(literally, since you don't get points).
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hah. People over-estimate the fusionfire. It's definitely good, but it's not as absurdly overpowered as it was in 1.6

That being said....yeah, I usually stack enhancements and enhancement devices. The latter are best ordered unless you've been able to find and analyse one through luck since they're never ID'd. If you're going down the thermo route and have CC....then a lithium booster, high speed loader and as many tritium injectors as possible is usually the go-to. For ion weapons...the tesla enhancer is ok. There really aren't the same enhancement options though.

Another thing I sometimes get if I'm grinding for the Ion9 (which with my mods is slightly better than in vanilla) is a defective weapon enhancement ROM. That way if the random enhancement the thing gets is, say, efficiency...I can remove it in a convenient fashion.

Generally though....trade orders are for either a long-term goal, or a short term power-combo (like setting up a dual Mark III setup right after St. K's).
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.