point juno

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Nomad016
Anarchist
Anarchist

I am stuck in Point Juno. There is one Sandstorm gunship left, and it continues to hover over Point Juno. Every shot I take counts as a hit on the station. How am I supposed to hit the gunship? Is this a bug?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yep, it’s a bug. It’s been fixed in the development branch of the game, but unfortunately there’s not much you can do about it in your current game.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You could kill the Sandstorm with a radius damage weapon (Lucifer for NAMI launcher, High-flux MAG, M2 and M5 for NAMI Heavy, XM900 missile pod) by firing when you're very close to it. You might kill the station in the process if it's very low.

Since you're new here, I'm guessing you're not playing in debug mode. But I think George can convert your save to an unregistered game so someone could use the console to kill the Sandstorm.
Nomad016
Anarchist
Anarchist

You're right about my being new here. I also don't know programming, having always been a hardware type. But I like this game and would like to get into it more. Is there a language I should start with? Also don't know how to report bugs. Got an error message about Antarctica's status after I destroyed it. Thanks for any info you can provide.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You can report bugs here. Unfortunately, there’s no search function on it — feel free to chime in here, NMS ^.~ — so you kinda have to load everything to find out if it’s been reported or not. Just make sure you check to see if something has already been fixed in the development branch before ticketing if you aren’t using the most recent beta of the game.

As for languages, Transcendence uses a combination of XML and a customized version of Lisp. The wiki is slightly outdated but can still help with most of the XML side of things, and I try to keep the function list current over here on the forum.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)