Help in new stuff

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

But the MX can't use the Shield ROM. It uses crystals.
If you can't find a ion reflect by Dwarg space though, I'd agree, you might with the Nephren. But if you find a ion reflect crystal, swap out to the MX and use the crystal on it.
It's stronger than the Nephren against everything but particle (no real threat) and Ion (the killer, when confonting Dwarg); but if you get the ion reflecting, then no problems until Kiloton Cannons (Ranx) come into the game.
By that time you'll definetly have access to higher level shields.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
silash619
Anarchist
Anarchist

I found a TeV9 omni, so i'm testing it out for a while with the omni turbolaser.
But i might opt for a mark III (or better)in the future. But i prefer a omni weapon more than a howitzer. My ship cant move quick enough to shoot.

The Tev9 omni kinda works well against Dwargs, Ares and Slavers. The Ranx are bit harder to crack since they have shields.

I think i'll stick with the MX, since its 196HP.
"Pain and Suffering is all what Man will ever Know"
-Hades, JLA
Sponge
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I highly recoment dumping that Turbolaser for your Omni Particle. You may not see too much of a problem now, but in the middle to late game, lasers become completely obsolete.
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

It might be worth experimenting with an Akan 600, especially if you are flush with money. Generally I buy one when I can and carry around about 1000 shells for it. When you encounter a Ranx base, leave it alive but farm their little fighters for Akan shells :evil:

Enhancing the akan with hexagene boosters (you can order up to 3 at a corporate trading post) makes it an extremely formidable weapon, and nothing seems particularly resistant to blast damage. I've used the Akan 600 at +150% right up until heretic, where it becomes entirely useless.

I experimented with the omni-tev9, but was disappointed. I only replace the Akan with an IM90, a weapon I personally find a little too powerful for the game.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If you don't mind not having an omni weapon, you may want to consider ditching that Akan 600 for an Akan 30 - it fires faster, meaning you can put down more hurt in swarm situations (where it's impossible to miss anyway) or base cracking (where time is important and it's also impossible to miss). I try and buy one as soon as possible (this can be as early as Rigel) and use it as a panic weapon until Ranx or until I get rich enough to afford the ammo.

Upgraded properly, the Akan will last you the entire game (with the possible exception of the final battle- never got there with a +150% Akan, indeed don't get there much at all).

EDIT: one thing about your laser though, with laser upgrades (these unfortunately replace the speed upgrades and once you pick one path I don't believe you can go back) AND a laser collimator you can get some insane bonuses, enough to give you laser life well into generally laser-proof zones. An x-ray laser with said bonuses might last you very far into late game. Such device are rare however, and you'd probably want that collimator slot for something else. It's an option though.