Help; Teraton fabrication

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hello all, and thank you for reviewing my post.

I have been playing since 1.1 and skipped a while... now it is version 1.7 ^^
In general i like the changes i came across, as so, i made it to my first system whit an Teraton fabricator that is more than a shop.

Looking at the forum from time to time i already knew it was able to make stuff, and i have used these following links as my guide;
http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6429&sid=23c1c13edb615b9e2748212ef06c1038
http://wiki.kronosaur.com/game/stations/teraton_factory

However, i am unable to replicate these results, when for example i make the fabricator purring of contempt along whit plenty of energy and material, an input gun of lvl 9 (both damaged and undamaged) dit not yeild an gun of lvl 10.
In fact, it dropped it in a lvl to 8, something that, at this part of the game, is quite useless.

So i am wondering if i am missing something?
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Teraton Fabricators were nerfed several versions ago, they were too overpowered. I usually only use them to create Ammo, because that is the most reliable thing to make. Other high level items return a different item that is usually of lower level than what you dropped in. But it can make working items out of damaged stuff, so drop in a damaged level 9 weapon and gain a pristine level 8 weapon in return.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

mkay....

Nerfing something overpowered is okay ofcourse.

However maybe use charges for that instead of full neutering.
Something like 3 charges to make lvl 9 wepaons in lvl 10,
and 3 charges for lvl 10 weapons to make in lvl 11.
After which the krakenbeast teraton needs to sleep.... for a couple centuries / rest of the game.

Why a full (now debatable broken) nerf?
p2x909
Anarchist
Anarchist

Being something so close to the end of the game, there really wasn't a real reason to nerf it that much. Increasing the cost of use would've been enough to decrease its exploitability. In its current state, it's useful for little more than a side income source.