Stacking weapon upgrades fail?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hi,

1st I treid to upgrade my weapon whit an weapon optimizer, this works for most weapons but not Taubeam cannon?
2nd Also after weapon optimizer rom has been applied the source particle upgrade cannot be applied?, since it falis.
vica versa also does not work, applying source than weapon rom.. looks like bug since it dit work not to long ago......
Derakon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

As far as I can recall, you've never been able to combine optimizers with other non-device enhancers. That is, you can combine a weapon optimizer with e.g. a Makayev Weapon Enhancer to get +fast +75% (assuming the weapon is made by Makayev of course) but you can't stack an optimizer with a hexagene booster to get +fast +10%.

Optimizers were changed relatively recently to not be able to be applied to high-level weapons; I think the cutoff is level 6?
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

After using a Weapon optimizer ROM no other updates can be applied to the weapon. Most ROM's work only up to level 6 devices/weapons/shields. Above that you need either cubes (for the Heisenmachines computer) or specialized devices to enhance/upgrade weapons/shields. some of these stack (like hexagene boosters) or can be combined with other enhancers, some can't. It is part of the game to find out what is or isn't possible.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Derakon wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:39 am
As far as I can recall, you've never been able to combine optimizers with other non-device enhancers. That is, you can combine a weapon optimizer with e.g. a Makayev Weapon Enhancer to get +fast +75% (assuming the weapon is made by Makayev of course) but you can't stack an optimizer with a hexagene booster to get +fast +10%.

Optimizers were changed relatively recently to not be able to be applied to high-level weapons; I think the cutoff is level 6?
Until recently it was indeed possible to stack both enhancers, optimize for fast and than an 10% increment after longlu or domina enhance, making the following common:
dual x ray + fast(optimizer) + laser collimator 75% plus domina 20% plus whatever 10%laser booster u can find, this way the weapon was valid till about u start facing ares, not to mention u can use it to make omni xray and have it as swarm control (if u make that before starting to enhance that was)

Right now the optimizers are of no use, they just sit in my cargobay doing nothing, cus the same xray now is far more usefull in; xray + laser collimator + domina / lunglu + the 10% booster increments.... in the past the +fast would complete the weapon in my opinion.
Derakon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Optimizers are still useful; they boost DPS by +40% while also improving your effective chance to hit and to get projectiles past your opponents' projectiles. If you have a weapon with a damage type where the +10% enhancers are rare (basically blast or particle), it's definitely worth using an optimizer instead. A Mk3 howitzer with +fast and a howitzer speed loader is a pretty dangerous weapon even before you slap a Makayev enhancer on it.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Tiber wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:50 am
Until recently it was indeed possible to stack both enhancers, optimize for fast and than an 10% increment after longlu or domina enhance, making the following common:
dual x ray + fast(optimizer) + laser collimator 75% plus domina 20% plus whatever 10%laser booster u can find, this way the weapon was valid till about u start facing ares, not to mention u can use it to make omni xray and have it as swarm control (if u make that before starting to enhance that was)
I'm pretty sure it's never been possible to have more than one type of enhancement on the same weapon. Only damage enhancement consumables (and diamond field crystals for shields) can increase the enhancement of an already enhanced item. (Longzhus used to do this for energy weapons and shields, but not for several versions.) Enhancements from other devices always stack with enhancements on the weapon, even if they're different types, though. So the optimizer ROM is still good with a damage increasing device.