THE BARRICADES PACT

General discussion for the game Anacreon
quils3
Miner
Miner

I play StarNet, and thanks for inviting me to the guild, I look forward to future business with our guild.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

I vote yes to both Hallucination and Starnet!

I am Jaerevarr, Felor Emperor Eternal ("Felor Urlassehld'Drosshai" in our language). I only have a few clusters, but my jumpyards learn new shipbuilding techniques and grow more efficient every day.
6cef wrote:I've been trying to find a foothold somewhere for the Charminium empire. I'm happy to pick up whatever worlds I can without aggravating the major powers. For now.... ;)
South is going to be your best bet. There are a few free worlds in a tiny pocket beneath the first rift zone you will encounter in that direction. If you can beat me to them, of course ;)

EDIT - Since you relocated, the worlds are now to your north, but there are a scattering of free worlds around you now.
Last edited by catfighter on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Also, another vote. The newborn Mandalorian Empire has repeatedly requested to join the Barricades Pact, as Lord Nor is colonizing the last few planets available to him and he is getting nervous.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ok, thank you very much!! That sounds right. My risk of succession currently is 'elevated'. I've just changed my doctrine to Law and Order. Hopefully my risk of succession will start to go down. The three sector capitals that I lost, will they join me again?
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yep, my risk of succession is now 'very low'!!
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

No, unfortunately they will not; you would have to reconquer them.

I don't know how badly rebellions affect empires for attacking weaker ones. I, early on, attacked someone with imperial might 34 compared to my 100 (I got the message "Our citizens will not support an unprovoked attack...") but got no bad results whatsoever. If you're willing to risk it...

On the other hand, if you don't want to, my friend who founded the Mandalorian Empire is looking for planets. Would you allow him to take the worlds if you don't attempt to reclaim them?

AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I would certainly let your friend take those 20 worlds. It depends on how large his empire is. I myself cannot attack them because I am too large.

If you got no bad results last time you were pretty lucky. I tried that once when I had about 50 worlds. All my world's social order dropped to dissatisfied or aggrieved some even to rioting. I lost several worlds because of that.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Cool! Maybe I've got a superpower too, like the empire who was able to set a separate doctrine for each of their worlds when their capital got taken. :D

Just this evening, my friend conquered his eighth world, so should still be weak enough to take the clusters.

AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ok. Where is the location of your friend's empire? Is it close to mine or far away?
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

good to see our guild growing in friendship!

mandalorian has my vote
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

AdmiralZo wrote:Ok. Where is the location of your friend's empire? Is it close to mine or far away?
He is just a bit southwest of the galactic center and he wants to start another cluster somewhere else because he is worried about Nor taking up all the space by his capital. He is reasonably close, but I don't think he has attempted to scout down your direction.

EDIT - Also, I noticed that the HOA0004 Trade Union that broke away seems to have...well...disappeared. Could it be Nor behind this?

6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

So, can we get a definitive list of who's in Barricades Pact? Are any empires - members or not - known to be dormant?
Stargazer
Anarchist
Anarchist

I've taken the HOA004 Trade union since it adjoined my territory and it seemed like HOA004 was not going to retake it.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

6cef wrote:So, can we get a definitive list of who's in Barricades Pact? Are any empires - members or not - known to be dormant?
That will be going up in the Stargazer Bulletin soon.

EDIT - Although it will probably have to be put to a vote first.
Stargazer wrote:I've taken the HOA004 Trade union since it adjoined my territory and it seemed like HOA004 was not going to retake it.
Good for you! :) HOA0004 Actually couldn't retake it without risking rebellion. Save at least one of the other two HOA0004 fractals for the Mandalorians, ok?
Last edited by catfighter on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah, 'Trading Imperium' only has one world left.

'Greater Realm' still has 6 worlds and is in a little dark nebula just south of my capital.

'Old League' has 7 worlds and is south west of my capital.
Last edited by AdmiralZo on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.