STARGAZER BULLETIN

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Nor
Anarchist
Anarchist

1) Gal1 (Pact and Human against Bismalia)
2) Dogeland war (Hallucination and Felor against Dogeland)
3) Nor's battle (Nor against the Pact)

Of this three conflict only one (The Dogeland war) started by initiative of one of the members, applying our law number three.
Well, yes-but. The Dogeland War last week seemed to signal the Pact's turn toward aggression and adoption of a "wipe out the neighbors overnight" strategy. Then, thanks to an information leak in the Pact, I found out that the Nor-Pact war was coming in 36 hours whatever I did, so I fired first. I don't think Finnian gets any peace points for that one! (Not that peace is the name of the game, but let's not pretend.)
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

I'm going to have to argue that preserving the peace may sometimes mean taking initiative and removing threats before they remove you. Yes, this can be argued all sorts of different ways, but nevertheless...
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

catfighter wrote:I'm going to have to argue that preserving the peace may sometimes mean taking initiative and removing threats before they remove you. Yes, this can be argued all sorts of different ways, but nevertheless...
How do you determine what a threat could be, if you claim to take initiative?

For example, you hinted at a Barricades-Cascabel war in the Alpha. Why would the Cascabel be a threat if we don't enslave teeny empires?
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I wasn't proposing war. TV effectively quit out of boredom, so I said if he wanted a challenge... I'm still not convinced because of that eldritches fleet. People wouldn't name things like that without a reason.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

catfighter wrote:I'm still not convinced because of that eldritches fleet. People wouldn't name things like that without a reason.
Hmm, I wonder what the reason could be

Oh wait
SungSlaver231 wrote:Evo just fiercely protects their territory,
And as I'm *sure* you know, some of my key planets were undefended at the time, partially due to the Caeruleus+Evo v. Felor war.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

what I want is to start in a fresh galaxy without ruins everywhere, with no planets with 100mil hexacarbide sitting on them, a functioning Mesophon, etc
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

SungSlaver231 wrote:
catfighter wrote:I'm still not convinced because of that eldritches fleet. People wouldn't name things like that without a reason.

Oh wait
And as I'm *sure* you know, some of my key planets were undefended at the time, partially due to the Caeruleus+Evo v. Felor war.
Ah yes, of course. Defense, silly me. A perfect explanation for why said fleet was parked on someone else's capital. And here I thought you were arguing that preemptive action was an immoral abomination against the galaxy.

Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

catfighter wrote:
SungSlaver231 wrote:

Oh wait
Ah yes, of course. Defense, silly me. A perfect explanation for why said fleet was parked on someone else's capital. And here I thought you were arguing that preemptive action was an immoral abomination against the galaxy.
Okay okay, lemme just say something about that war before you guys can go back to arguing.

First.
Felor started the war and I merely played along.

Second.
I. Regret. Nothing. :D
I took a calculated risk, but man, am I bad at math.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Aureo-Oreo wrote: First.
Felor started the war and I merely played along.
I started it?! You told me you wanted to go war (but miraculously failed to notify me that you were joking :roll: ), so I destroyed your explorers on my capital and said you had two days to see how much of my empire you could conquer before I started fighting back. However, Evo saw your attacks on me and decided it was a good opportunity to expand, not knowing that we were "play-fighting" (and even then, mostly with the captions of conquered planets). (And you took my primary word-fighting cluster, Evo. Right in the middle of a song about a murderous psycho-cannibal I put up to combat the endless flood of oreos and complaints about starship speed. :cry: And adding insult to injury, you stuck smug taunts (that had nothing whatsoever to do with stabbing people) right in the middle of the song. :evil: :cry: Someday, somehow, you'll pay for that. As soon as the Vandorian Imperium grows strong enough to rename some planets in the middle of your empire...)
Aureo-Oreo wrote: Second.
I. Regret. Nothing. :D
And for that little comment, you'll be finding a little surprise in your inbox. You'd better bring a sweater. :wink:

whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

catfighter wrote:
SungSlaver231 wrote: And as I'm *sure* you know, some of my key planets were undefended at the time, partially due to the Caeruleus+Evo v. Felor war.
Ahh. But doesn't
catfighter wrote:I'm going to have to argue that preserving the peace may sometimes mean taking initiative and removing threats before they remove you.
If I remember correctly, it was vers that attacked my lost minotaur fleet and vers's capital that I parked the fleet on.

Wait, that justifies vers's side?

I'm confused. :oops:
catfighter wrote:However, Evo saw your attacks on me and decided it was a good opportunity to expand,
Inaccurate: Caeruleus told me about the war and I decided to ally with them.
catfighter wrote: not knowing that we were "play-fighting"
Accurate
catfighter wrote:Someday, somehow, you'll pay for that.
I did, wasting an entire hour clicking through all those spam messages.
catfighter wrote:. As soon as the Vandorian Imperium grows strong enough to rename some planets in the middle of your empire...
That may take a while, I am in the process of putting a bunch of gorgos on my core planets.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

You're welcome! :mrgreen:

Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

I'm guess we have now resolved such problems.

I did tell you it was a joke and only went after your transports and anything that's quick enough to get to me within a day. But since you started with conquering the planets right around my capital I wasn't sure you'll keep your part of the bargain and allied with Evo instead.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

For the benefit of other readers, I conquered nearby free worlds, not hers.

You only told me after the original attacks on explorers and you immediately counterattacked that night. My only move afterwards was to recapture (most of) my planets and take a few undefended supply worlds; you on the other hand, took every single trillum world in my empire and most of the consumer goods planets. Then Evo did mop duty and soaked up any world that could in any way allow me to make any kind of ship or high-tech troop.

You did not, however, tell me that you were the one to propose the alliance. You made it seem as though Evo attacked me and then asked afterward for a formal alliance.

Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

catfighter wrote:For the benefit of other readers, I conquered nearby free worlds, not hers.

You only told me after the original attacks on explorers and you immediately counterattacked that night. My only move afterwards was to recapture (most of) my planets and take a few undefended supply worlds; you on the other hand, took every single trillum world in my empire and most of the consumer goods planets. Then Evo did mop duty and soaked up any world that could in any way allow me to make any kind of ship or high-tech troop.

You did not, however, tell me that you were the one to propose the alliance. You made it seem as though Evo attacked me and then asked afterward for a formal alliance.
Also for benefit of other readers, you went after the cat named planets, my citadel, foundation, and jumppart factories.

If I made it seem that Evo attacked first, then it is my bad, you have my apologies on that part.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Um, where were these? :? I have no memory of attacking any except one jumpship autofac near Bastet because it was completely undefended and I happened to have 32 infantry I had left nearby and forgotten about until I clicked on them by accident. I remember getting one citadel and foundation because of a sector cap defect, but you also have my apologies if I unwittingly took something else important.