Anacreon Request thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

By trade route chaining I mean without trade hub planets.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

We need a way to deal with the fact that this is a very slow game, and most players can only play for part of the day. I know that this is a grand strategy game that will never be mainstream and I like it that way. The problem is that if somebody decides to start a war while your are asleep or at work, you can log in and find that half your empire is destroyed and the other half rebelling.
Some ideas.....

1. A function where citadels can fire automatically when fleets come in range. This would allow you to set up auto protection for important worlds. As well as set up choke points.
2. The ability to declare war. You click on the empire screen of your enemy, and then click on a "declare war" button which starts a 12 hour timer that both players can see. When the timer is up, both sides can attack without penalty. If you attack without declaring war, or before the timer is up, i.e a sneak attack, you suffer the social order penalty, even if your enemy is the same size as you or bigger. If neither side has attacked the other in some time period, such as 2 cycles, it all resets. This lets a player know that "Hey I should log in periodcally today because trouble is coming".
3. This might be accomplished be coding in an "Embassy Screen" Click on your capital, then click on the "Embassy" button right beside the empire button. See the other empires you have made contact with. Have the ability from there to declare war, or perhaps declare friendship so that your citadels won't fire on thier fleets automatically.
4. Also it would be nice to be able to import imperial guards using the trade routes. If an enemy takes my hub while I'm at work, even if I take it back and win that war I've got a problem because 30 worlds have rebelled due to unmet needs. Having to go around with a fleet and manually drop off imperial guards to squash rebellion can take hours.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Following up of World'sStrongestNerd's suggestions, I would also suggest a new planet designation: militia base. A militia base would automatically deploy jumpfleets stationed to it to join battles when an enemy fleet attacks any world within a certain radius (small enough that the jumpfleet can arrive before the battle is over).

Bases would produce nothing themselves (or maybe produce basic infantry, similar to citadels), but they would automatically import jumpships and jumpcruisers from jumpyards through trade routes, with a player-adjustable percentage of the yard's ship output automatically getting restationed to the militia base rather than remaining at the yard.

To keep players from restationing all their jumpships on militia bases when not in use, bases would need to have an increased attrition rate for ships, infantry and defenses stationed to them (at least double and maybe much more). Players would have to balance their desire for a strong internal defense with their desire to build really big offensive jumpfleets.

As an alternative to embassies and war declarations, I would suggest that citadels automatically fire at starship fleets (containing at least one gunship, starfrigate or starcruiser) but not at fleets that are only composed of jumpships. Jumpship fleets move through your territory all the time headed for distant objectives, but a starship fleet within your territory is almost always there to attack you.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

For future requests and bug reports, we should probably use the new Ministry of Records page (http://ministry.kronosaur.com/).
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:For future requests and bug reports, we should probably use the new Ministry of Records page (http://ministry.kronosaur.com/).
Yes, please. I'm planning on transferring bugs to Ministry from the excellent bug thread on this board. But feel free to post your bugs directly on Ministry if you can.