Anacreon Request thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The concept of Allied players entirely!
Allied players would be able to keep ships in orbit of their allies planets , and they would help in the defence of said planet if it came under attack.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Cimanyd
Miner
Miner

RPC wrote:<FourFire> (I wish allied players could share map data)
For that there would need to be some feature for "allied players." I think that is needed.
EI500 is best
IRC user (sometimes)
Wiki editor

Not really around anymore, but hoping for Part II
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Gavin Weld White (from FB)
I keep thinking it would be really awesome if the various independent worlds did more than just raise their efficiency over time. I imagine them trading with each other, and gaining or losing technology, efficiency, and population; possibly also building things. Probably could eventually be triggered by events, but in the meanwhile perhaps just modeled to produce a galaxy that is, on average, stable-state (though the individual planets will vary over time).

John Jensen (from FB)
bug: one should not be able to "upgrage" ocean acrologies to floating cities. I believe that is actually a downgrade.

Gavin Weld White
There really oughtta be a button for orbital bombardment and abandonment of a planet. And transferring planetary resources into deep space.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

UI proposals
Like · · Follow Post · 18 minutes ago
Seen by 1

John Jensen When transferring items between fleet & planet, and a watch expires, usually something on the fleet decays. Put in a mechanism to round the figures automagically so that the "specified resources don't exist" error does not pop up for errors less than 1%.
17 minutes ago · Edited · Like

John Jensen Also, queue the order, so that when I order things to transfer and the watch is ending, I don't have to wait for the new cycle to begin before I can complete the order.
16 minutes ago · Like

John Jensen combat UI: left click on one of my units (in orbit), right click on its target (either card or unit in orbit/on planet), unit starts firing. Hotkey for changing orbit. Gaurd order, so that antimissle ships will auto-aproach and stay next to other ships that I want defended from missle attacks.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Empire [Tab] -> Abdicate [Button] -> "Are you sure?" - "OH HELL YES!!"

Thanks George!!!
DPO
Anarchist
Anarchist

I really miss the 'Abort to' option of Anacreon 2. It made things faster.

Also wish we could move around on the map with arrow keys.

I wish old fashioned supply routes were still possible. Looks like it would require two changes:
* Planets would have to look for local stockpiles put there manually if they didn't find import orders.
* Anacreon 2 style supply route orders for fleets would need adding.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The ability to make a little flag or symbol or whatever and put it in the gray box next to where it says "sovereign" on planets you own.
Dorne
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

An ability to change have a toggable view would be nice. My empire criss crosses with a passive enemy, so my planets are mixed in with his/hers. I would also like to turn off the enemy planets, leave only neutral and friendly objects.

And in the future some views like in simcity where you can toggle revolution rates, trade, food shortages, jumpship info, etc. might be cool as well.

Perhaps probes can be added back in some way. I'd like to be anonymous and quick when it comes to determining enemy strengths and weaknesses.
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Dorne wrote:Perhaps probes can be added back in some way. I'd like to be anonymous and quick when it comes to determining enemy strengths and weaknesses.
Send a fleet of scouts and recall them as soon as they get there... trade off is fast, easy, stealth, pick 2.

I second the motion to add "abort to", or even the ability to transfer/abort to from fleet to fleet so i didnt have to transfer entire fleets to a world, just to transfer them back to another orbiting fleet.

I also second the motion to move the map with keyboard keys, though that can be difficult, as i already often get dropped back to game list screen when i forget to use delete and use backspace to change an allocation.

I would like to add a request to be able to put the info bars on the sides, instead of top and bottom. Right now, my available area to drag the map around is about 2.5-3 times as wide as is tall, causing many click/drag/click/drag/etc. to get to view from top to bottom of the map.

I would like to be able to designate a new capital. I know this is a tall order, so it should be something prohibitive, like it must be sector capital with efficiency above 80%, takes 7 days and sets efficiency to 5% or something like that to discourage moving all the time. But for players who happen to spawn in the middle of a heavily populated area, it could be worth it to expand out to a fresh area and not have to leave a single planet to defend or lose your entire empire to a single attack.

Edit: Adding request for 1) ability to save and see messages from other empires, like an inbox, in case i am clicking off welcome back notices and such and an empire message was in the queue, and 2) if an empire sends a message, you should be able to reply without knowing their capital.

Edit 2: I guess it does show you a capital planet when someone sends you a message, so that request is not needed.
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I use Firefox's password manager, but it doesn't trigger properly on the pop-up log-in dialog. Could you embed the log-in dialog in a page with an actual address (say, http://anacreon.kronosaur.com/games.hexm), so I don't have to keep looking up my Kronosaur password? I think the problem is that loading the form using javascript completely bypasses Firefox's normal detection method.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Transports should count as ground forces because almost NOBODY uses them for space combat, and it makes sense to turn on the transport's laser to decimate an enemy army.
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

SungSlaver231 wrote:Transports should count as ground forces because almost NOBODY uses them for space combat, and it makes sense to turn on the transport's laser to decimate an enemy army.
This would have to be specially balanced, so a huge fleet of transports cant take a planet without a certain minimum of troops. Maybe if some ground based defense structure was created that is not detroyed from orbit and can go toe-to-toe with the transports...
DPO
Anarchist
Anarchist

The way it's balanced in Anacreon 2 is that trying to use transports without a sufficient shield of cannonfodder infantry results in horrible, horrible transport casulties, and transports are more valuable than infantry.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

starxplor wrote:This would have to be specially balanced,
So go ahead George and balance it however you want.

Players should be able to give worlds to other empires, like Anacreon 2.
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

SungSlaver231 wrote:Players should be able to give worlds to other empires, like Anacreon 2.
Or even just release them to independence.