High tier starships( Gorgos, Megathere) should be 0.5 lightyears/watch
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Anti-profanity filters. People do indeed put swear words in planets name's
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Instead of being able to only target specific objects in combat, have ships autotarget the nearest enemy defense(transports exempt from targeting things)
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I didnt see anything in the notes for Beta 1 about trade worlds being able to request all surplus from worlds it imports from. This would allow multiple source planets for a material to be used that produced at different rates, without constant tweaking of ratios, and would allow for growth of planets the trade planet exports to without the same tweaking issues.

This of course would make such trade worlds very wealthy targets of enemies, which I think is a good trade off for the advantages.
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Would be nice to have some way to see everything a traders post is willing to buy(and maybe price offered), even if we do not currently have it to sell.

Edit to add:
Maybe clicking on the aes label or quantity could open a display of what was sold, in what quantities and from which world to which output in the last turn so we can see what areas are most productive for prioritizing defense as well ad planning for hitting milestones to buy things we want.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

What exactly do habitat improvements do?
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:What exactly do habitat improvements do?
Increase living space.
More living space means more people to inhabit said living space.
More people to inhabit said living space means more workers that exist.
More workers that exist mean more things being made.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

SungSlaver231 wrote:
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:What exactly do habitat improvements do?
Increase living space.
More living space means more people to inhabit said living space.
More people to inhabit said living space means more workers that exist.
More workers that exist mean more things being made.
OK, but population seems to decrease when tech level goes up; is there any point to building the habitat improvements on high-tech worlds or worlds that are going to be increasing in TL?
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Higher tier workers produce more per population. I am not sure on the actual rates, but in unscientific observations I have seen that a higher level planet without an upgrade produces less of the same things, but when adding the upgrade, the maxed population produces more than pre-tech-upgrade, even with slightly fewer population.

Another thing that comes up with tech level is the available designations and products to be produced. Specifically, at tech level 7, you get to produce luxury goods, as well as designate chromium worlds. Each ship can only be produced at certain levels as well.

It would be interesting to get the actual production numbers at different levels.
Rykker
Anarchist
Anarchist

- Persistent Left/Right scroll arrows when scrolling the Production lists on planets.

- Sphere of Influence/Independent Planet Invasion Range Limit... Ideally, Sphere of Influence (Parts of the map right now are an indecipherable mess of overlapping circles) from a sovereign planet would lay a softclaim to any independent planets within this sphere, preventing other players from conquering them unless they invade the sovereign planet first... I realize that this may cause land grabs where players will simply invade planets that are far apart in order to claim as much of the map as possible, but you could mitigate this by having a dynamic sphere of influence based on a variety of factors - ie. distance to capital, population, tech level, space/ground force etc.
And to prevent empires from spawning satellite empires all over the map, you should only be allowed to invade independent planets that are within X distance of a sphere of influence, and the only way to colonize distant parts of the map would be to actually invade a distant player's empire or ally with another player and use their colonization limits (this of course requires an actually ally function)

- I miss my Turn summary screen from Anacreon... perhaps a Period/Cycle report?
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

No offense to darkMATTER, but there should probably be a limit to how many sector capitals you can designate in a certain time period- especially under the Law & Order doctrine. Most designations can't be given to worlds that are outside of an influence sphere, but sector capitals are an exception. During his war with Deletare he hit on the very clever strategy of designating pretty much all the worlds that defected to him (and later, when his fleets were destroyed, most of his home worlds as well) as sector capitals, causing them to immediately dedicate all surplus labor to building powerful imperial guards to render invasion difficult and suppress civil war. If those worlds had to develop normally it would have been at least 24 hours until most of them could build any infantry at all and many more of them would have been lost to civil wars, etc.

Alternately, sector capitals could be altered so that their primary industrial structures don't operate until their administration development period ends.
darkMATTER
Miner
Miner

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:No offense to darkMATTER, but there should probably be a limit to how many sector capitals you can designate in a certain time period- especially under the Law & Order doctrine. Most designations can't be given to worlds that are outside of an influence sphere, but sector capitals are an exception. During his war with Deletare he hit on the very clever strategy of designating pretty much all the worlds that defected to him (and later, when his fleets were destroyed, most of his home worlds as well) as sector capitals, causing them to immediately dedicate all surplus labor to building powerful imperial guards to render invasion difficult and suppress civil war. If those worlds had to develop normally it would have been at least 24 hours until most of them could build any infantry at all and many more of them would have been lost to civil wars, etc.

Alternately, sector capitals could be altered so that their primary industrial structures don't operate until their administration development period ends.
No offence taken. Mind you, I don't deserve full credit for the tactic... I learned it from someone else during the Alpha release - when I was in Deletare's position. I don't disagree that perhaps there needs to be further tweaking to exactly how sector capitals operate.

Another suggestion someone put forward, that I thought would be useful from my experience with fighting Deletare is that if your opponent is not signed on - that they get a increase bonus to their forces attack / defense power. The war would have played out very differently with Deletare if he was online the same time I was. For a a brief time he was [which made it much more fun / challenging], and his far superior fleet was attempting to counter mine, and I constantly I had re-route it, to avoid him from utterly destroying it. But while he was off-line, it was easy to cherry-pick planets that were not heavily defended and conquer them - without him being able to move forces to counter my attack. (And since I am on vacation and don't need to go to work this week - I got the tactical advantage with time to burn.) I think giving a increase bonus to off-line players would help balance this scenario. The odds that both players will be online at the same time is likely very rare - but it would help balance a fight that clearly at this point in the game's development heavily favours the online player (even when, in the case of Deletare - his "imperial might" was rated at approx 550 when I began the war.
darkMATTER
Miner
Miner

Alternatively, there could be a limit on the maximum time each player could be online per day. For example, a max of 1 hr per day. That would help limit a player from being able to unceasingly eliminate a player who is offline during that day. And would give more opportunity for players to counter each other moves, instead of logging on and discovering that you lost 100 worlds while another player put in 2-3 hours of time while you were away - and you had no opportunity to counter them.

Anyway, just another thought to help balance the game between players who have varying amounts of time they want to put into this game. Because in its current state, whoever invests the most time will easily be able destroy everyone else vs. winning a game by strategy / tactics.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Your war was mostly fought with jumpships, though. Once people start defending their worlds a little better, I suspect that starships will become much more important. With slower fleets, being online at the same time won't as important and defensive elements like citadels will get more use.

Another possibility would be some sort of "sector guard" planet designation that imports jumpships and assigns them to a fleet that you can't directly control but which will actively try to respond to incursions within a 250ly radius or something like that.

Hopefully when space constructions return we'll get fortresses and command bases (and SRMS?) again like in old anacreon
gc2
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

No offense to darkMATTER, but there should probably be a limit to how many sector capitals you can designate in a certain time period- especially under the Law & Order doctrine. Most designations can't be given to worlds that are outside of an influence sphere, but sector capitals are an exception. During his war with Deletare he hit on the very clever strategy of designating pretty much all the worlds that defected to him (and later, when his fleets were destroyed, most of his home worlds as well) as sector capitals, causing them to immediately dedicate all surplus labor to building powerful imperial guards to render invasion difficult and suppress civil war. If those worlds had to develop normally it would have been at least 24 hours until most of them could build any infantry at all and many more of them would have been lost to civil wars, etc.
Just started, and saw those sector capitals; so that's whey they're there. Balancing issues aside, I find that it really kills the immersion. When I saw that planet cluster, I immediately thought to myself: is this some trick I don't know about? and it is.
As for the time investment issue, I think a good solution is to allow empires to be run by multiple players, especially ones in different time zones, so that the task can be divided up. This also adds another layer of strategy: can a team organize itself cohesively or are the members tripping over each other.
Additionally, new players can join an existing team and be quickly brought up to speed on the mechanics. This would be a huge advantage considering the game has neither a tutorial nor detailed documentation. When I first started this up, I felt that I had no chance to learn the mechanics as I go, so I had to download Anacreon 2 just so that I can see what it's all about. Even then, I blew my first jumpfleet attacking a planet with vastly superior defenses, and my second one a day later on a planet with a lower space force rating, but consisting of HEL cannons.