Bugs

General discussion for the game Anacreon
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I'm getting messages that people are dying of food shortages when the planet has available organic food.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It's also possible to get stuck in an area where you can't explore further...
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

You have to go the long way around ^_^

If my game was still working, I would have screen-shotted the mapped universe and put in some highlights to show where the different sovereigns are. Point is, I was able to explore the entire universe, albeit with some creative navigation.

This is a 'fog of war' issue, in that you cannot tell your exploratory fleet to go explore 'the darkness' since you have to set a destination planet, and you can only do that if you have already discovered said planet.

I was able to complete mapping the universe much faster once I filled in all the border zones, as I could then send an exploratory fleet from one end of the universe to the other regardless of unmapped areas in between.

I'm still waiting for my game to be fixed tho :( Just tried and it's still borked
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I've been to every edge planet and the explorer fleets haven't found anything farther... :/
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

There seems to be a balance issue: conquered planets will "overthrow" a players rule while there are large numbers of troops and ships there.
the planet in question was a 7.1 population desert planet set as resource producer, there was specifically enough of each resource to slowly build a stockpile and the planet had 1400+ soldiers, 1100+ jumptransports, 700+ explorers, 400+ Stinger jumpships, and 4 Adamant class ships I would like to know the formula to how much military presence is required to quiet a rebellion (and an adjust ability slider on a planets productivity (they were demonstrating about hard working conditions)
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

My game restored itself ^_^ screenshots to follow by tonight

(so I'm gunna guess and say thanks, George ;) )
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Cygnus.X1 wrote:My game restored itself ^_^ screenshots to follow by tonight

(so I'm gunna guess and say thanks, George ;) )
What browser are you using? I did a server upgrade this morning that fixed an infinite-loading-bug in IE and probably Firefox.
Cimanyd
Miner
Miner

My game is working perfectly again so far today, no "ERROR: Internal server error." or the thing the screenshot shows. I'm using IE9.

Edit: except a fleet of Sirius-class gunships that I had sent to an enemy planet (that shouldn't have been able to defeat them) completely disappeared... they aren't at the planet and I don't see them anywhere.

Edit 2: well, that explains it... I sent a fleet of Stingers and Adamants to the same planet, made the first edit to this post, then zoomed in to see the few remaining Stingers being destroyed by the planet's HELs. They weren't attacking, just in a normal orbit, not even firing back at the HELs. Is this a bug? It means that to attack a planet I would have to be on Anacreon and tell my ships to attack as soon as they got there, otherwise they'd let themselves be destroyed without firing back.
EI500 is best
IRC user (sometimes)
Wiki editor

Not really around anymore, but hoping for Part II
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Cimanyd wrote:Edit 2: well, that explains it... I sent a fleet of Stingers and Adamants to the same planet, made the first edit to this post, then zoomed in to see the few remaining Stingers being destroyed by the planet's HELs. They weren't attacking, just in a normal orbit, not even firing back at the HELs. Is this a bug? It means that to attack a planet I would have to be on Anacreon and tell my ships to attack as soon as they got there, otherwise they'd let themselves be destroyed without firing back.
Could be a bug. Was it an independent world (if not, then maybe the owner attacked you?)

If it was independent, then it was probably a bug with the attack code. Someone (not necessarily you) attacked that world and it still thought it was under attack when your ships showed up. Two possibilities:

1. There could be a bug such that the world never flips back to "peace" mode.
2. The world had been recently under attack and thought of your fleet as more attackers. I need to make the fleet AI smart enough to orbit out of range of the planet in these cases.
Cimanyd
Miner
Miner

I have attacked that planet in the past, and lost. I don't think anyone else has. I sent a small fleet of Stingers and Adamants just now to it to see what would happen, but they seemed to be stuck 1 watch away (even after a watch had passed with them 1 away), so I closed Anacreon and opened it again. The fleet was gone.

I noticed something else strange. The planet (it's called Barhew, by the way) says it has 155 infantry brigades, 360 GDM silos, and 725 HEL cannons - at least from the normal zoomed-out view when I click on it. If I zoom in on it by clicking the planet button, it says it has 845 infantry brigades, 655 HEL cannons, and 1 GDM silo (and that silo wasn't there a tick or two ago when I zoomed in). Maybe my Adamants shot back, since they have longer range weapons?
EI500 is best
IRC user (sometimes)
Wiki editor

Not really around anymore, but hoping for Part II
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

george moromisato wrote:What browser are you using? I did a server upgrade this morning that fixed an infinite-loading-bug in IE and probably Firefox.
:shock: uh, Firefox 17.0.1
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you've been away for a while the person says "you've been away for X watches and Z periods and etc..."
Dunno if bug or just helpful time conversions....
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

From FB:
empty fleet bug: deploying a new fleet from an existing fleet, I can deploy all ships from the existing fleet. Leaves a fleet with no ships. Can then transfer nothing to a controlled planet, and the fleet goes away.

new bug: when I'm deploying fleets, they just disappear. Next watch (I think) they show up again, enroute to destination. Might be that they disappear only after I've chosen a destination, but I don't think so.
From Gavin Weld White
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

sometimes fleet are not deployed, but the ships disappear from the planet.
I deployed 1000 transports and they just vanished.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Nonresponsive buttons and interactions. Click buttons such as deploy, land, close, nothing happens. I am on a Mac using Chrome so maybe its registering clicks wrong?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-12-08 at 10.47.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-12-08 at 10.47.37 PM.png (28.64 KiB) Viewed 6929 times