Bugs

General discussion for the game Anacreon
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Fleets degrading... losing ships and units while in orbit: feature or bug?

Otherwise I really don't understand how the production of a capital works, I'm getting no more infantry and a really tiny amount of jumpship transports/stingers compared to scoutships: starting at two digit numbers of each (no Adamants) about 32 hours ago I have today: 7500 scouts, 325 reliant class transports, 46 stinger jumpships, and 52 Adamant class.
My capital is a population 9, 81.8% (was 77.5% when I started) earthlike world. the jumpshipyard has 25.3% production and is supposedly producing 2 scoutships, 1 jumptransport, 1 stinger and 1 Adamant per Watch
The planet has a stable import of (supposedly) 3 light jumpdrives, 2 heavy jumpdrives, and 2 light missile launchers per Watch.

Also: in the production tabs what to the numbers in [ ] actually mean?
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Planet riots while there are still *tons* of items on planet:
Stuff.png
Stuff.png (222.82 KiB) Viewed 7722 times
Fourfire: losing ships is a feature, info from Anacreon FB group.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Bug: when holding click to move the map on the Chrome browser holding the click and dragging it outside the window then releasing will cause the cursor stay clicked on the map when the cursor is moved back, this can be annoying with a touchpad.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

FourFire wrote:Bug: when holding click to move the map on the Chrome browser holding the click and dragging it outside the window then releasing will cause the cursor stay clicked on the map when the cursor is moved back, this can be annoying with a touchpad.
Does that in Firefox too, but including HUD elements in the page.
Cimanyd
Miner
Miner

Cygnus.X1 wrote:
FourFire wrote:Bug: when holding click to move the map on the Chrome browser holding the click and dragging it outside the window then releasing will cause the cursor stay clicked on the map when the cursor is moved back, this can be annoying with a touchpad.
Does that in Firefox too, but including HUD elements in the page.
And in IE.
EI500 is best
IRC user (sometimes)
Wiki editor

Not really around anymore, but hoping for Part II
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

planets with an "ocean arcology" have in Build menu the possibility to build a "floating city".

same for hypermetropolis and urban arcology.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Attacking worlds fails.

I've been trying to attack different worlds all day, I start with a basic level 2 world and the screen says "maneuvering" and then just goes back to stand by.

(again it could be just me, but i'm not sure anymore)
Cimanyd
Miner
Miner

Earlier I captured a planet and designated it a consumer goods autofac. It couldn't produce enough durable goods even for itself, and I didn't know why because planets normally take care of their own needs, sometimes to the point that they barely work on thir designation. It eventually ran out of its store of durable goods and rebelled. I just recaptured the planet, and while it was autonomous (no designation), I checked the percentages of the consumer goods autofac structure. About half was being spent on producing durable goods. I then designated the planet a consumer goods autofac. The consumer goods autofac structure is now spending exactly one third of its work (what is it called anyway? whatever is represented by percentages) on each item (organic food, durable goods, luxuries). One third of the autofac's current percentage doesn't produce enough durable goods for the planet.

At this point, I can (or would if I could):
  • do nothing until a better solution is available because of this post. The planet will rebel again once it runs out of durable goods again. This one will probably happen.

designate the planet as autonomous (no designation) until a better solution is available because of this post. The autofac structure will get the right balance between food, goods, and luxuries again. Except there is no way I can see to remove a planet's designation or designate it as autonomous.

change the percentage the autofac spends on each item, problem solved! Except I can't do this either.

import trillum so the autofac gets more percentage of the planet. This would require either diverting trillum from somewhere else it's already going, or capturing another planet. I don't want to do either, at least not now.

keep retaking the planet after it rebels, and lose ships each time. No thanks.

retake the planet once after it rebels and keep it autonomous. Actually, I only just thought of this, and it could work, but it seems somewhat pointless.
Just noticed how long this is. This is shorter: The game needs a way to change percentages spent on structures on planets, and on individual goods in structures. Maybe this should have gone in the request thread...
EI500 is best
IRC user (sometimes)
Wiki editor

digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

got lucky, found a post industrial (10) world with very little defences and took it (after waiting 3 cycles to move my ships).

I attached a trade route to it, just to see it going down to quantum instantly. :( Now it's on its way to biotech (7) like my other planets
Cimanyd
Miner
Miner

digdug wrote:got lucky, found a post industrial (10) world with very little defences and took it (after waiting 3 cycles to move my ships).

I attached a trade route to it, just to see it going down to quantum instantly. :( Now it's on its way to biotech (7) like my other planets
Anacreon Quick Start Guide wrote:A world may increase in technology level if it is has a trade route to higher level worlds. Some designations have a maximum technology level, however.
I still don't know how to raise the tech level of my empire. I captured one quantum planet in the past to try to raise my tech level, but instead it lowered the quantum to biotech because of the designation.
EI500 is best
IRC user (sometimes)
Wiki editor

RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

4 Infantry brigade have defected. Needs and "s".
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Cimanyd
Miner
Miner

RPC wrote:4 Infantry brigade have defected. Needs and "s".
Needs and "s"?
EI500 is best
IRC user (sometimes)
Wiki editor

RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Gavin Weld White
bug: ships queue their orders when in tactical zoom, so that I cannot immediately order jtns to land. witness screenshot.

Gavin Weld White
You'd say I'd taken this planet, right? But apparently not. They keep producing infantry. 2 armored and 5 normal per watch. and not surrendering, like they should in the face of overwhelming odds.

Gavin Weld White
More attack code bugs. I landed these 13,000 infantry and 2,000 armored infantry on this planet. Killed all the defenses on ground and sky. And the planet didn't turn... the infantry did. Gah!

John Jensen
Interesting. I invade a planet that's in civil war, and the planet is still in civil war when I take it over. That doesn't sound right.

John Jensen
bug: one should not be able to "upgrage" ocean acrologies to floating cities. I believe that is actually a downgrade.
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I was experimenting to figure out what affects the population of a world (tech level, world type, structures, etc.), and destroyed a sealed arcology on High Dirag (a fiery world). Unfortunately, this meant there was no source of radiation shielding, so the population crashed from 6.8 billion to 93 million. Because there was no flare shelter, I couldn't upgrade to habitat city, so I couldn't rebuild at all. High Dirag is now utterly useless for every player. Theoretically, I could ship in excess radiation shielding from other fiery worlds, but I estimate I would need ~100 fiery worlds to get enough.

Now, the obvious fix is "don't do that", but this could permit players who are losing a war to implement a scorched world policy, making about half the worlds useless to the enemy, themselves, and every other player, forever.

The simplest fix would be to make flare shelters, air processors, and life-support systems buildable. Another possibility would be to create them automatically when a higher-level structure is destroyed. A user-friendly system would be to change 'destroy' to 'downgrade' for all structures that act as upgrades (so that, e.g., a battlestation program could be downgraded to an armored constellation).

My #1 most annoying bug: having ships and/or cargo disappear in the middle of a transfer from a fleet to a planet, leading to a 'Specified resources not found on object: XXXth fleet' message. Closely followed by #2, having cargo ships disappear in the middle of a transfer from a planet to a fleet, leading to an ungrammatical 'Not have enough transports to carry cargo: XXXth fleet' error.

The way worlds balance their production is a bit off. Worlds being supplied by trade routes appear to decide they aren't going to get enough from the trade route the next turn, start up some extra industries to supply the shortfall, then increase the trade route capacity. The result is that next turn, the main industry goes down enough to make room for extra industries, but no new industry is built, because the trade routes have increased to compensate. So, for example, a world that should be using 85% of its capacity to produce hexacarbide (the other 15% for defense), in fact tends to bounce between 75% and 85%. This makes it difficult to balance trade routes.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Hussell wrote:I was experimenting to figure out what affects the population of a world (tech level, world type, structures, etc.), and destroyed a sealed arcology on High Dirag (a fiery world). Unfortunately, this meant there was no source of radiation shielding, so the population crashed from 6.8 billion to 93 million. Because there was no flare shelter, I couldn't upgrade to habitat city, so I couldn't rebuild at all. High Dirag is now utterly useless for every player. Theoretically, I could ship in excess radiation shielding from other fiery worlds, but I estimate I would need ~100 fiery worlds to get enough.

Now, the obvious fix is "don't do that", but this could permit players who are losing a war to implement a scorched world policy, making about half the worlds useless to the enemy, themselves, and every other player, forever.

The simplest fix would be to make flare shelters, air processors, and life-support systems buildable. Another possibility would be to create them automatically when a higher-level structure is destroyed. A user-friendly system would be to change 'destroy' to 'downgrade' for all structures that act as upgrades (so that, e.g., a battlestation program could be downgraded to an armored constellation).

My #1 most annoying bug: having ships and/or cargo disappear in the middle of a transfer from a fleet to a planet, leading to a 'Specified resources not found on object: XXXth fleet' message. Closely followed by #2, having cargo ships disappear in the middle of a transfer from a planet to a fleet, leading to an ungrammatical 'Not have enough transports to carry cargo: XXXth fleet' error.

The way worlds balance their production is a bit off. Worlds being supplied by trade routes appear to decide they aren't going to get enough from the trade route the next turn, start up some extra industries to supply the shortfall, then increase the trade route capacity. The result is that next turn, the main industry goes down enough to make room for extra industries, but no new industry is built, because the trade routes have increased to compensate. So, for example, a world that should be using 85% of its capacity to produce hexacarbide (the other 15% for defense), in fact tends to bounce between 75% and 85%. This makes it difficult to balance trade routes.
Thanks!

1. "Downgrading" sealed arcology: I agree, the world should handle this better, either by automatically building flare shelters or whatever. Ideally, I'd like the world to handle this itself because in the future it will be possible for the enemy to target structures on a world and destroy them.

2. Cargo/ships disappearing: Yeah, this is annoying and has a high-priority for fixing. I'd like to fix this for the next Alpha release (in about two weeks).

3. Trade route balancing: I need to work on this. Thanks!