Bugs

General discussion for the game Anacreon
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

catfighter wrote:None of my worlds can be advanced beyond biotech with a foundation.
1. foundations naturally rise to the tl of your capital. i have a natural tl10 world as a foundation, which uplifts my capital.

2. under the structures tab of your foundation, what's the foundation % at? how many tl's are available? is it choking on consumer goods or trillum or defenses?

my high efficiency foundations have over a hundred tl's available, but that's after maybe a week or two. newly established foundations on more marginal worlds will often have only a few tl's available and if you have many worlds importing from the foundation, none of them will reach a high tl.
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah, 6cef is right. The problem here is that foundations can only advance worlds to the techlevel of the capital who's influence they fall under. Another key thing to note is that the level a planet is raised to is defined in the trade route. If you start importing techlevels from a foundation when it is, say, level 7, the route will only raise the importing world to 7 until you manually change it. So to get a world to whatever techlevel you want, simply follow the following steps:

1. Designate your foundation, make sure it has everything it needs.

2. Wait until it naturally rises to 10, as all properly supplied foundations naturally do.

3. Import to the capital that the foundation is under the influence of.

4. Import tech to your world/s of choice.

You probably will want to set the import to 8 for CGA worlds, as raising them to 10 is wasteful.

EDIT: OOps, forgot step 3.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

6cef wrote:under the structures tab of your foundation, what's the foundation % at? how many tl's are available? is it choking on consumer goods or trillum or defenses?

my high efficiency foundations have over a hundred tl's available, but that's after maybe a week or two. newly established foundations on more marginal worlds will often have only a few tl's available and if you have many worlds importing from the foundation, none of them will reach a high tl.
Foundation now using 80% of production; my sector capital is TL 9 and the foundation is TL 10. Two watches after designation, the foundation had 114 TLs but that has now grown to 143 TLs. The sector capital is importing from the foundation, but it won't go above its natural TL 9 and no other worlds will advance up to TL 9. Blech, this is so frustrating. No eldritches for me, I guess. :(
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

catfighter wrote:...my sector capital is TL 9 and the foundation is TL 10.
remember, what matters is your empire capital. are you empire and the foundation in question both tl10?
Two watches after designation, the foundation had 114 TLs but that has now grown to 143 TLs. The sector capital is importing from the foundation, but it won't go above its natural TL 9 and no other worlds will advance up to TL 9.
well, 143 tls available is progress anyway. :)

basics to check:
1. you're sure you're importing from the foundation? not importing to the foundation.
2. the uplifted world is importing to post-industrial, tl10? that means when you click on the foundation trade route, in the info panel it should say post-industrial. if it doesn't, click on it and enter 10 in the dialog.
3. on the world being uplifted, you see something like

Code: Select all

tech-level
biotech [7 ↑ 9]
elditches can be built at tl9, btw. undines are tl10. :)
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

6cef wrote:elditches can be built at tl9, btw. undines are tl10. :)
I am well aware, but thanks anyway. :)
6cef wrote:remember, what matters is your empire capital. are you empire and the foundation in question both tl10?
Empire capital is TL 8, but I'll advance it further and see if this resets the variables and fixes it. Crossing my fingers and praying to Domina... :wink:
6cef wrote:basics to check:
1. you're sure you're importing from the foundation? not importing to the foundation.
2. the uplifted world is importing to post-industrial, tl10? that means when you click on the foundation trade route, in the info panel it should say post-industrial. if it doesn't, click on it and enter 10 in the dialog.
3. on the world being uplifted, you see something like

Code: Select all

tech-level
biotech [7 ↑ 9]
1. Checked; yes I am.
2. Also checked, also true. I tried moving this down to 9 and then 8, but still nothing changed.
3. No, that does not appear, although I know that it should. The foundation, at least, displayed that as it moved from its natural TL 9 up to TL 10.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

catfighter wrote:Empire capital is TL 8, but I'll advance it further and see if this resets the variables and fixes it. Crossing my fingers and praying to Domina... :wink:
i would bet $100 that this is the issue.
3. No, that does not appear, although I know that it should. The foundation, at least, displayed that as it moved from its natural TL 9 up to TL 10.
i suspect this will trigger when your empire cap hits tl10, but if it doesn't i would try removing the foundation trade route, waiting a watch, and re-establishing.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

6cef wrote:
catfighter wrote:Empire capital is TL 8, but I'll advance it further and see if this resets the variables and fixes it. Crossing my fingers and praying to Domina... :wink:
i would bet $100 that this is the issue.
i suspect this will trigger when your empire cap hits tl10, but if it doesn't i would try removing the foundation trade route, waiting a watch, and re-establishing.
Guess you get to keep your money. :wink: As soon as the capital hit TL 10 the Eldritches started spamming out.

Another rather odd bug. I tried to designate a sector capital in a dark nebula a while ago, but it suddenly switched itself to autonomous. For the next two cycles the option for sector capital did not even appear at all, despite the world being TL 6 (and staying there because of a tech program). I ignored the world for a while and the option eventually appeared again, but it was weird that it couldn't change to that even when the option for starship component autofac was open.

6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

catfighter wrote: Another rather odd bug. I tried to designate a sector capital in a dark nebula a while ago, but it suddenly switched itself to autonomous. For the next two cycles the option for sector capital did not even appear at all, despite the world being TL 6 (and staying there because of a tech program). I ignored the world for a while and the option eventually appeared again, but it was weird that it couldn't change to that even when the option for starship component autofac was open.
did you switch doctrines?

if you're on strength & honor, you can't put capitals in nebula (light or dark.) i had asked somewhere else what happens if you switch from l&o to s&h, maybe this is that.

when you switched back, you were probably not on strength & honor.

it would probably be better if the designation was there, but just greyed out, with a little explanatory text below. or it might be good if nebular capitals produced ramjets, which sort of makes sense, but might be yet another balance issue.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Forgot to mention this

I'm able to join the game and see the galactic map, but I have no worlds and no capital. I still have some fleets around but no ground forces, so I'm just stuck in limbo
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Xephyr wrote:Forgot to mention this

I'm able to join the game and see the galactic map, but I have no worlds and no capital. I still have some fleets around but no ground forces, so I'm just stuck in limbo.
That's really weird. When I open the game client, it centers on my capital. What does it center on for you?
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Xephyr tell us where are your fleets. We will destroy them so you will come back to play with us!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:
Xephyr wrote:Forgot to mention this

I'm able to join the game and see the galactic map, but I have no worlds and no capital. I still have some fleets around but no ground forces, so I'm just stuck in limbo.
That's really weird. When I open the game client, it centers on my capital. What does it center on for you?
It centers on "WATARI", Saru's capital.

I was without a capital for a while, one time my capital was taken and I've been starting on this planet since. I was also able to have multiple doctrines, but I wasn't able to upgrade my tech level without a capital either.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

So, my navigators discovered something, seems the Great Rift is no longer the barrier we thought it was: Image
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah, this is a known bug and it's on Ministry. Bismalia evacuated all of his capital ships from the east of the galaxy to the west that way.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I found another ghost fleet from a dead empire heading towards a world near one of my sector capitals. :shock: I'll post what happens to it when it arrives.