Bugs

General discussion for the game Anacreon
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:The Stinger's cannon range is one of the shortest in the game (5 units), so it can be difficult to distinguish their offensive and defensive fire.
One thing I noticed is that missile defense shows up grey, while offensive weapons show up yellow.

When attacking a planet:
1. Certain portions of enemy forces were not available for targeting. Some were (seemingly randomly) clickable/unclickable, but some did not show up at all.
2. I attacked with a giant fleet of jumpships. There were so many, the list went off the screen and was partially covered by the panel in the middle (so I couldn't control a lot of them). Also, they were grouped rather oddly. For example: |9622|9622|4|9622|280| Keep in mind that these were all the same type of ship (stingers).
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
josh19967
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

This *just* happened...
If you take a planet, then the planet ends up outside your sphere of influence, (i.e. your sector capital revolted) then you can't break any connected trade routes.
Suggestion: (move post if necessary, but ^bug) When you lose sector capitals to revolts, maybe it would be more realistic if planets that depended on it 1) revolted with the capital, or 2) lost all trade routes and designations...
Just my 2 cents
I really don't care if I get my hair cut... *snip* NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

josh19967 wrote:This *just* happened...
If you take a planet, then the planet ends up outside your sphere of influence, (i.e. your sector capital revolted) then you can't break any connected trade routes.
Suggestion: (move post if necessary, but ^bug) When you lose sector capitals to revolts, maybe it would be more realistic if planets that depended on it 1) revolted with the capital, or 2) lost all trade routes and designations...
Just my 2 cents
I can vouch for that. And when another empire abdicated, their worlds remained connected and were still draining resources off of the worlds I took.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Anacreon.png
Anacreon.png (240.88 KiB) Viewed 7776 times
Hmm, two hexacarbides and no aetherium. That's a bug
Stargazer
Anarchist
Anarchist

I took a traders union planet to establish a sector capital in another part of the galaxy, since its computer controlled and nobody should mind.
Thing is, it rebelled and went independent almost immediately. I think a rebellion is supposed to take a cycle before the rebels can win.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

No, not at all, unfortunately. A world I knew I couldn't save went into rebellion, so I stripped everything off it and destroyed anything that could build up its defenses when it gained independence. I lost it in sixteen watches! :(

A couple of Imperial Brigade Guards go a long way toward keeping your planets from going independent right away, so I always make sure to bring at least a couple hundred to each new world. I wish you luck in recapturing the planet! :)

pirx
Miner
Miner

Probably a feature not a bug, but fleets in orbit change allegiance together with the orbited planet. This means reinforcements arriving just before the transports touch down will end up on the wrongs side. This got me several millions of jumpships on one and about 500000 on another occasion.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I conquered an enemy sector capital partway through building it's administration. However, it kept its doctrine of Fire and Movement despite my empire being Law and Order. I have no way of controlling its doctrine, which now appears to be completely independent of any my other worlds. Also, no other planets broke away when it was captured.

pirx
Miner
Miner

catfighter wrote:I conquered an enemy sector capital partway through building it's administration. However, it kept its doctrine of Fire and Movement despite my empire being Law and Order. I have no way of controlling its doctrine, which now appears to be completely independent of any my other worlds. Also, no other planets broke away when it was captured.
Was it one of mine (Bismalia)? If so it might have been a contributing factor to the bug that I designated a lot of new sector capitals and changed doctrine several times shortly afterwards.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Yes it was yours. I saw you changing and was rather surprised that you were sacrificing so much efficiency.

Btw, can I take back my citadel that you designated as a sector capital near my old capital? As compensation I would let you take back some worlds nearer to your capital. The citadel was rather important to me, both productively and sentimentally.

And a possible bug: I sent a jumpfleet through a rift zone, but it never came back out the other side. I'll keep looking for it, but the zone remains unexplored and I received no "You were attacked" messages.

Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

And a possible bug: I sent a jumpfleet through a rift zone, but it never came back out the other side. I'll keep looking for it, but the zone remains unexplored and I received no "You were attacked" messages.
Musta been eaten by the great galactic ghoul :D
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:Musta been eaten by the great galactic ghoul :D
Hehe. :) We should write a fanfic legend about the ghoul. Perhaps when ships seem to disappear faster than attrition should account for, it is the great ghoul preying on unwary pilots in the darkest corners of the universe! Muahahaha!

I'm pretty sure it's a bug, unless there are other factors involved in advancing the TL of planets besides a simple import of tech. I have a foundation and am using it to raise a consumer goods world to TL 7 (successful), and three ship production worlds to TL 9 (all unsuccessful, entirely). The three unsuccessfully raised worlds already have tech programs in place raising them to TL 7, but after 1.5 cycles of tech import, none of them have moved higher than 7 and give no indication of starting to do so. The trade routes all say "Uplifting to quantum level" and the foundation registers the levels as being used up, but nothing has changed in the least. This definitely means I've got to hire new secretaries. None of my current ones know how to record these things right!

Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

catfighter wrote: Hehe. :) We should write a fanfic legend about the ghoul. Perhaps when ships seem to disappear faster than attrition should account for, it is the great ghoul preying on unwary pilots in the darkest corners of the universe! Muahahaha!
The Great Galactic Ghoul is REAL!
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:
catfighter wrote: Hehe. :) We should write a fanfic legend about the ghoul. Perhaps when ships seem to disappear faster than attrition should account for, it is the great ghoul preying on unwary pilots in the darkest corners of the universe! Muahahaha!
The Great Galactic Ghoul is REAL!
The Ghoul has been found! He has been hiding on this server all along, waiting for the next innocent probe to blunder unwittingly into its grasp! :shock: We must stop it before it swallows our entire empires whole!

catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

This is definitely a bug. None of my worlds can be advanced beyond biotech with a foundation. I have tried on both alpha and beta with TL 8, 9, and 10 foundations, but to no avail. The beta TL 9 foundation managed to advance a single staryard to TL 8 and the Alpha TL 8 foundation managed to advance one sector capital and a consumer goods autofac to TL 8, but nothing else can be uplifted. All the worlds in question are importing every necessary resource and the foundations still register the TLs as being used up, but the numbers just sit there, stuck at 7.