Bugs

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:D then i've re-discovered a bug. Then Xephyr is theorycally dead! More exactly now he is an undead that is tormenting my poor peaceful empire. Fix it early please
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

rigelxvi wrote:Scarran here! Xephyr can you still login and play in beta? However something similar happened to the dominion of evil sloths time ago
I still have other capitals.

EDIT: This is odd, I'm able to have different doctrines at different sector capitals. I'm able to access the "empire" tab from any of my planets.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:!: I noticed ! Very strange! :o What a perfect funny game!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:D Please destroy my capital so I can gain the same super powers!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Finnian wrote::D Please destroy my capital so I can gain the same super powers!
I destroyed your capital and it doesn't look like another one has been assigned. You might be in the same boat as me.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Taking an enemy sector capital somehow reset my nearest sector capital. It looked like the game included my sector capital as one of the planets under the enemy sector capitals influence, so I reconquered that planet which reset it back to autonominous.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Tthe game has now reassigned a Capital for my Empire.

Last time i've attacked Xiphyr I had 10.000 space forces in ADAMANT JUMPCRUISER and his planet had only something like 4000 but my attack was unsuccesful. why? :(

I have to congratulate Xiphyr for taking my capital. This epic war is bringing me a lot of fun! :-D
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Finnian wrote:Tthe game has now reassigned a Capital for my Empire.

Last time i've attacked Xiphyr I had 10.000 space forces in ADAMANT JUMPCRUISER and his planet had only something like 4000 but my attack was unsuccesful. why? :(

I have to congratulate Xiphyr for taking my capital. This epic war is bringing me a lot of fun! :-D
Different defenses have better resistance to attacks. If my planet was covered in HEL cannons, then the adamants had no chance.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Finnian wrote: I have to congratulate Xiphyr for taking my capital. This epic war is bringing me a lot of fun! :-D
The only problem is efficiency % gets killed for a long time. The industry factor is 100/(200-%). So a planet with 20% will be running at 56% while still consuming at a flat rate. I think efficiency should rebound faster at lower levels. Otherwise you can intentionally ruin all planets.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

A change in industry distribution temporarily results in zero production of some types. That is why hostile environment planets rebel.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Is their still a significant delay in game cycling? :? I may know why. Also the Stringer class jump ships I have were not firing missiles but, defenses on ground were being destroyed. Attack was done in attack defense mode only. Is this a bug?
NH620
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Stingers don't fire missiles; they use cannons. I think cannons in Anacreon fire physical projectiles at near-relativistic speeds, so cannon fire shows up as lines and look the same as the "beams" or whatever it is that protected ships (including Stingers) use against incoming missiles. The Stinger's cannon range is one of the shortest in the game (5 units), so it can be difficult to distinguish their offensive and defensive fire. Moreover, it seems like not every single beam and missile always gets drawn during an attack, especially if a lot of units are involved.
Xephyr wrote:
Finnian wrote:Tthe game has now reassigned a Capital for my Empire.

Different defenses have better resistance to attacks. If my planet was covered in HEL cannons, then the adamants had no chance.
In my experiences, jumpcruisers are too expensive to use against planetary defenses in most cases, since they don't fare much better than basic jumpships against beam defenses but cost more (and they are also vulnerable to counterattack by basic jumpships, which are protected against their missiles.) Basic jumpships are much stronger against planetary missile defenses, even if they appear weaker on paper. Used offensively to attack planets, jumpcruisers should probably always be accompanied by a big force of basic jumpships since even the high-tech Undines seem to be pretty much helpless against missile-protected Stingers and Eldritchs. The best use for jumpcruisers right now seems to be as a fast response to enemy gunship fleets. Jumpcruisers can go toe-to-toe against gunships and they can rapidly reinforce a planet expecting an attack from a strong but slow gunship fleet.

I'm not playing actively anymore but if the galaxy isn't very crowded right now, it's possible that most wars are being fought with jumpfleets instead of starships. I saw some pretty impressive gunship fleets in crowded areas of the galaxy a few months ago; if you were pursuing an aggressive war far from your own territory, big jumpcruiser fleets seemed to be the only way to blunt massive counterattacks by these cheap gunship fleets short of sending in slow capital ship fleets which could require days to get anywhere.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I'm having a problem creating planetary defenses for some of my consumer autofac worlds. I normally just set a world to have 5% production on hypersonic missiles so the world won't complain of too little defense. When I do, the game just kicks that out. For example, consider a CGA ocean world of tech level 8 that is getting all it's needs thru a hub, so the consumer autofac is at 100% production. If I try to change the production of any defense, hypersonic, plasma tower, whatever, to something above 0% The game won't keep it that way and next watch all defenses are at 0%.

The bug only affects CGA worlds with no habitat structures who are importing trillium. Its like once I have a consumer autofac achieve 100% production, it wants to always go back to that level.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Severing and then redoing the trade connections has fixed the problem. I can now allocate industry to hypersonic missiles.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I was plotting a course and the course plotted went outside the universes boundaries by 20-25 jump spaces is this a bug?
NH620