Alpha 4

General discussion for the game Anacreon
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Alpha 4 is now running!

This version has the following major changes:

1. Tech level mechanics have been revamped. You may build improvements on worlds to increase tech level and/or use foundation worlds (and trade routes) to uplift surrounding worlds.

2. I've added various combat improvements, including fixing the AI so groups attack (previously, some would hang back for various reasons). I've also added trails to the UI (so you can see the path of groups). This may cause some performance problems for some computers, so I added an Options dialog box to turn it off, if necessary.

3. I've added icons for designation to the map; I think this helps a lot to keep track of your worlds.

The full list of fixes is in the usual place:

http://anacreon.kronosaur.com/doc_versionHistory.hexm

Thanks all for all your feedback!
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Aaahh! My carefully balanced trade network! Ruined, ruined, I tell you! (I see demand for chronimium has gone way up. And a lot of my worlds changed tech level.)

Seriously though, the compression is wonderful. I can rearrange things in a timely manner now.

However: attempting to set the allocation of a fixed industry (defenses) or change the production of individual goods or units seems to result in a game freeze for me. The dialog doesn't even close, reload is needed to get the regular updates to resume, and the allocation isn't changed after the reload.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Hussell wrote:Aaahh! My carefully balanced trade network! Ruined, ruined, I tell you! (I see demand for chronimium has gone way up. And a lot of my worlds changed tech level.)

Seriously though, the compression is wonderful. I can rearrange things in a timely manner now.

However: attempting to set the allocation of a fixed industry (defenses) or change the production of individual goods or units seems to result in a game freeze for me. The dialog doesn't even close, reload is needed to get the regular updates to resume, and the allocation isn't changed after the reload.
Thanks--I've fixed it now. Sorry about that.

p.s.: Thanks for all your bug reports; I've fixed a bunch of stuff that you reported and still have several of your items on my queue for the next release. Also, I'm glad to hear that the performance has improved for you.
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Changing defense spending now works for me. Changing individual goods and units doesn't freeze the game anymore, but the ratios reset to the default levels after the update every watch.

Edit: the resets happen to consumer goods autofacs. The shipyards, component autofacs, and infantry academies seem to be working correctly.

Edit2: and I was wrong again. Particular goods can be zeroed out (not produced at all), but every watch industry is reset to be evenly distributed among everything that's being produced. This affects everything in the same way (consumer good autofacs, shipyards, component autofacs, and infantry academies). So, for example, one can't produce fewer positron lances and more heavy jumpdrives on the same world, or more durable goods and less organic food.
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Game balance: chronimium is needed much more now. I've had to convert a bunch of worlds to chronimium processors. On the other hand, now that maximum tech levels have been removed, trillum and hexacarbide are much easier to produce, since raising the tech level above spacefaring increases production quite a bit.

Every foundation world I've created has entered a civil war. I haven't figured out why they got angry, so there may be a problem there...
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I would love to play but, I can't connect to game. I have a multiverse ID & password but I can't sign in where it said sign in. What do I do? Help me help meeee.......*
NH620
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Ok, go to this URL:
http://anacreon.kronosaur.com/
Then click the "Play" button.
how to play.png
how to play.png (874.16 KiB) Viewed 5476 times
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Haha :D nice image here.