Fallen Worlds players

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The in-game messages are adequate, but not all that great for long discussions. So, if you're running an empire, introduce yourself here, and ask any questions you might have about your neighbors or the game.

My empire, the Economic Tapestry, capital at Weaver's World, currently has the most ships, though it is not the largest empire in number of worlds or population. It is also stagnant, having not expanded its economy for a dozen cycles or so.

I have delved deep into the inner workings of Anacreon's economics. If you have any questions about how to manufacture ships more efficiently, I am willing to share what I've learned.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Btw, there is also an Anacreon FB group -- you might be able to reach other players there.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I'm avoiding getting a Facebook account, partly due to privacy concerns, partly due to being annoyed at being forced to get an account just to view the group (unlike this forum, and practically every other successful community I've run across).
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Hussell wrote:I'm avoiding getting a Facebook account, partly due to privacy concerns, partly due to being annoyed at being forced to get an account just to view the group (unlike this forum, and practically every other successful community I've run across).
I feel your pain.

The ultimate goal is to have this site be the official discussion forum both games (Transcendence and Anacreon).

[Right now, I tend to focus on Facebook more because that's where the majority of the community is; but I suspect that will change over time. Until then, I plan on posting in both places.]
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have been trying to play Anacreon for awhile, but I can't sign in or access play options. I keep getting error or error on page. I have a multiverse ID & password which is my ID & pw here. How do I gain access so I can help find bugs and/or enjoy the new multiplayer version? I've played the older version still have it in my laptop crashes and all. In the process of downloading it again and everything else. Please help with sign in game play issue.
NH620
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I usually sign in at http://anacreon.kronosaur.com/games.hexm

If you're using that, what browser and OS are you using, and what error(s) are you getting?
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

[quote="Hussell"]I usually sign in at http://anacreon.kronosaur.com/games.hexm

If you're using that, what browser and OS are you using, and what error(s) are you getting?[/quote

I am using IE8 & XP PRO. I was trying to connect from the release page and /or quick tip page that explains the game play and workings. I'm going to try that address or link thanks.
NH620
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:
Hussell wrote:I usually sign in at http://anacreon.kronosaur.com/games.hexm

If you're using that, what browser and OS are you using, and what error(s) are you getting?[/quote

I am using IE8 & XP PRO. I was trying to connect from the release page and /or quick tip page that explains the game play and workings. I'm going to try that address or link thanks.

Unfortunately, right now IE 9 or better is required. Also, latest versions of Chrome a d Firefox work.
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I can confirm Firefox v11 on linux, which is super old, works as well as one version back from current on windows works. My android phone's screen is too small to do anything useful in the game, it would take an hour just to scroll from top to bottom of one sector capital's control space.

I am Starxplor, playing Stargazer empire, capital of MMSTC(Upper left corner of the map).

I have recently spread out in order to test various methods of expansion as well as how best to combat revolt on newly conquered high tech planets and specialization levels and required numbers of planets to support self-sufficient groups.

I also do not have a facebook account, and would rather be stuck with dial-up service than make an account. I take a while to warm up to random semi-anonymous people in most cases, I suppose I should learn something from our dog on that topic, heh. George, is there a way to allow FB users to use their FB accounts to authenticate to this forum, without requiring the rest of us to have FB accounts? That might encourage people to come here.

As a side note, I found the original dos version of anacreon on one of those 200+ games CD's that sometimes came with magazines or were mail in bonus's for sending X number of UPC's from some products. Been hooked on the game in both and now all three versions since.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hussell wrote: if you're running an empire, introduce yourself here
I'm pretty sure that this is the purpose of this topic.

My empire, the Republic of Theodrakis V, capital at Theodrakis V Command Center, currently has 17 worlds. And I have one question. Why is Point Numinarus(my favorite sector capital) making more ships than my capital?
Last edited by whaleduck on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
DPO
Anarchist
Anarchist

Could be that it has more population, or that your capital is starved for a needed material. Check the production stuff very carefully.
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

SungSlaver231 wrote:My empire, the Republic of Theodrakis V, capital at Theodrakis V Command Center, currently has 17 worlds. And I have one question. Why is Point Numinarus(my favorite sector capital) making more ships than my capital?
High-tech jumpship production requires an enormous amount of chronimium. Since your capital is post-industrial and only has a single trade route to a chronimium processor, chances are it needs much more. Point Numinarus is biotech, and thus is producing the low-tech tier of jumpships which require no chronimium at all.

It's my hope that George will make high-tech shipyards able to build low-tech ships someday.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I checked the production tab and my capital is importing more than it needs. (DOH! My capital is barely producing enough goods for itself. Gotta make Nuial a consumer goods autofac)
Dorne
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

My empire is the Terran Republic, it should be NW of your location Hussell :) . I only joined again because I wanted to see what new things have changed, specifically the new high tier units. As of now I have about 37 worlds, hopefully I can expand to 150 like I had before, and perhaps more.

Does anyone know if Ix is still playing? Otherwise I may need to tippy toe around his worlds.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Dorne wrote:I have about 37 worlds
Oh, don't worry. Larger empires are penalized for making attacks on smaller empires. (and lx's capital changed. District V stole the original one.)