Fallen Worlds players

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Dorne
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ix is still in the game somewhere, so for now I'll just spider along.

I thought that larger empires have the first strike penalty, but they can counterattack without penalty?
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yes. To large empires, small empires are a petty matter. This rule is in place so the tiny empires can expand. But they can counterattack because that small empire over there is no longer a petty matter, but a potential imperial threat. Anyway, according to my galactic exploration, Point Galactica should be almost directly NE from Lyta, and Theodrakis V Command is a ways eastward from Raunel.

EDIT: For questions about Anacreon, go to the Questions(http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5572) thread.
Dorne
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I have to say wow, District V is up there with his worlds. Though, once you have enough forces you can easily start getting to that size in a couple of days :)
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

george moromisato wrote:
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:
Hussell wrote:I usually sign in at http://anacreon.kronosaur.com/games.hexm

If you're using that, what browser and OS are you using, and what error(s) are you getting?[/quote

I am using IE8 & XP PRO. I was trying to connect from the release page and /or quick tip page that explains the game play and workings. I'm going to try that address or link thanks.

Unfortunately, right now IE 9 or better is required. Also, latest versions of Chrome a d Firefox work.

Thanks Sir George I'm on the game site playing now. I am using Chrome. Thanks again and I'll try to play like a Neo or Newbie to help evaluate game.
NH620
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have been this game maybe 2 wks I have notice that I'm losing jump ship transports & infantries. Why is this happening and cold it be a problem with the program or is the world breaking down the ships to create the heavier ships? My empire is NEWBIE if you can see it . I will be trying to regain a world I lost and they are losing forces also , so I will inform u if I do that so u know it is a lost of forces due to my actions..... that is if u can view my empire. Also if I am being attacked by another player how will I know?
NH620
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Dorne wrote:I have to say wow, District V is up there with his worlds. Though, once you have enough forces you can easily start getting to that size in a couple of days :)

I know what you mean I was in the middle of all that, I had to dissolve my empire and start all over to gain so kind of foot hold some where. I may have to join D5 just to play the game they're everywhere.
NH620
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:I know what you mean I was in the middle of all that, I had to dissolve my empire and start all over to gain so kind of foot hold some where. I may have to join D5 just to play the game they're everywhere.
How do you 'join' another empire?
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:I have been this game maybe 2 wks I have notice that I'm losing jump ship transports & infantries. Why is this happening and cold it be a problem with the program or is the world breaking down the ships to create the heavier ships? My empire is NEWBIE if you can see it . I will be trying to regain a world I lost and they are losing forces also , so I will inform u if I do that so u know it is a lost of forces due to my actions..... that is if u can view my empire. Also if I am being attacked by another player how will I know?
Ships and ground forces have an attrition rate, they slowly 'expire'. The trick is to produce faster than they die off. As for attacking, if you happen to be on, you will see your planets attacked in the same way you can see your attacks on others. If you are not on, you will log in later to see half your empire destroyed.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

starxplor wrote:
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:I know what you mean I was in the middle of all that, I had to dissolve my empire and start all over to gain so kind of foot hold some where. I may have to join D5 just to play the game they're everywhere.
How do you 'join' another empire?
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:I have been this game maybe 2 wks I have notice that I'm losing jump ship transports & infantries. Why is this happening and cold it be a problem with the program or is the world breaking down the ships to create the heavier ships? My empire is NEWBIE if you can see it . I will be trying to regain a world I lost and they are losing forces also , so I will inform u if I do that so u know it is a lost of forces due to my actions..... that is if u can view my empire. Also if I am being attacked by another player how will I know?
Ships and ground forces have an attrition rate, they slowly 'expire'. The trick is to produce faster than they die off. As for attacking, if you happen to be on, you will see your planets attacked in the same way you can see your attacks on others. If you are not on, you will log in later to see half your empire destroyed.

I had to delete or abdicate my empire. Then I had to quickly start a new one so I can be in the game again. Also thanks for the info on the mortality rate of the infantry and the possibility of an attack without knowing. I was just joking about joining D5 empire I don't think u can join another empire, but u may be able to work together though.
NH620
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:
I had to delete or abdicate my empire. Then I had to quickly start a new one so I can be in the game again. Also thanks for the info on the mortality rate of the infantry and the possibility of an attack without knowing. I was just joking about joining D5 empire I don't think u can join another empire, but u may be able to work together though.
Not possible to 'work together' with someone who attacks unprovoked and without notice.

Keep in mind, the 'mortality' rate is for almost all things, ships, goods, troops. I do not believe in includes static ground defenses, as they are not transportable.
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

starxplor wrote:Keep in mind, the 'mortality' rate is for almost all things, ships, goods, troops. I do not believe in includes static ground defenses, as they are not transportable.
Ground defenses too, I'm afraid. Otherwise one could build an unlimited number of defenses on any given world.
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hussell wrote:
starxplor wrote:Keep in mind, the 'mortality' rate is for almost all things, ships, goods, troops. I do not believe in includes static ground defenses, as they are not transportable.
Ground defenses too, I'm afraid. Otherwise one could build an unlimited number of defenses on any given world.
Good point, I guess I have never seen ground defenses on a planet that weren't actively being produced.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

How do u communicate with another empire that is thousands (billions or trillions) of light yrs away? I came back to the game and their was a message for me or was that GOD .... :lol: anyway I was able to pull up another window that allowed me to view a larger pic of the galaxy or universe. Can I use this to communicate with others?
NH620
Shroud
Anarchist
Anarchist

[quote=NIGHTHAWK620]How do u communicate with another empire that is thousands (billions or trillions) of light yrs away? I came back to the game and their was a message for me or was that GOD .... anyway I was able to pull up another window that allowed me to view a larger pic of the galaxy or universe. Can I use this to communicate with others?
[/quote]

The only way to communicate with other players is to select their capitol, click on the "Empire" tab, and click on the "Send Msg" button on the right. The one caveat is that you need to have explored a sufficient portion of their empire for that button to appear. When you start seeing the red circles around that empire's planets outlining their sensor range, you've explored enough to populate their Empire information and have the ability to send them a message.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Shroud wrote: select their capitol
A capitol is a building. I think you meant capital.
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:How do u communicate with another empire that is thousands (billions or trillions) of light yrs away? I came back to the game and their was a message for me or was that GOD .... :lol: anyway I was able to pull up another window that allowed me to view a larger pic of the galaxy or universe. Can I use this to communicate with others?
Nope. Not god, but rather me. You can see from which empire it came from by looking in the top left corner, in brackets.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

george moromisato wrote:
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:
Hussell wrote:I usually sign in at http://anacreon.kronosaur.com/games.hexm

If you're using that, what browser and OS are you using, and what error(s) are you getting?[/quote

I am using IE8 & XP PRO. I was trying to connect from the release page and /or quick tip page that explains the game play and workings. I'm going to try that address or link thanks.

Unfortunately, right now IE 9 or better is required. Also, latest versions of Chrome a d Firefox work.
I am sorry I didn't thank u earlier I am in using Chrome and thanks again.
NH620