Idea: Defense Plans

General discussion for the game Anacreon
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Ok so I was just randomly thinking about empire building in general and came up with a possible solution that's been bothering me since I've played Anacreon a long time ago. We need empires to be self sufficient when we're not staring at the monitor and so I thought it would be nice to have plans that trigger when you're away.
Here's how it would work:
-> enemy fleet approaching
-> it is within 10 jumps of nearest planet OR scouting fleet
-> your empire's shipyards send jumpships and the slower ships to the front lines to protect priority planets like sector capitals and agricultural planets
-> if enemy player engages your empire is ready while you are away.
-> if enemy fleet tries to go through you still vaporize them (if you want to)

This is what it would need:
empire level:
---> defenses that are triggered when you're away
-> this can be accomplished several ways:
-> scout fleets that get resupplied every X turns (either ships from a shipyard rendevous with the fleet or they come back)
-> planets sight enemy fleets
-> outposts to increase LOS (this may be an optional planetary building since IIRC we can't lay mines or make space stations yet)
-> auto send scouts to patrol areas

---> ships that move to places
-> ships carry items in terms of either: % age of excess or a raw number of materials and can drop them on the planet

---> multiple plans depending on what comes from where and how many ships there are (the details could get tricky though, maybe use some kind of combat rating to rank enemy fleets?)
-> there could be plans for jumpships from north, fleets from X empire, etc
-> options on attacking first or waiting to be attacked
-> sending ships to retaliate at X, Y, Z planets with A, B, C fleet size and troops

planetary level:
-> planets can change output accordingly so when trade routes are broken they don't rebel instantly
-> how ships respond to enemies (target enemy ship, stay in low orbit, engage, etc)

I haven't played in a while so if this already happens ignore this post.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

If nothing else create a LAM designation. If you designate a planet a LAM factory, it builds missiles and auto fires them at any enemy fleets that enter trade route range.
Rykker
Anarchist
Anarchist

Sounds like a lot of work... a simpler but less elegant solution would be to arbitrarily boost all combat stats of all units of the logged off player (since the game already tracks how long you've been logged off for) by 25% for 1 cycle or less....30% for 1-4 cycles... 35% for 4-14 cycles... -50% after that because you should be fair game after that much time... This of course, would require a function that shows who is on/offline.... but "should" encourage players to attack online players/independents as opposed to offline players from an economical standpoint.... or for a slightly simpler but little more elegant solution, have a Reserve forces(fleet) pool that is a new function of each capital/sector capital. You manually transfer ships to the pool that will automatically fly to any world within range that has an enemy fleet in orbit when you're offline or even perhaps online.