Alpha 7 is now running!

General discussion for the game Anacreon
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

The major change is the introduction of a (virtual) currency, which allows you to buy and sell ships and resources. Here's how it works:

1. There is a new non-player empire called the Mesophon Traders Union. They have planets all over the galaxy that you can trade with. If you send a fleet to one of their worlds you will be able to sell cargo (or your whole fleet) to them in exchange for aes (the virtual currency).

2. Once you have aes, you can buy ships at a Mesophon world.

3. There is also a new doctrine, called Trade & Enterprise, which allows you to sell a stream of resources to the Mesophons. If you have the doctrine, you can build a trading hub near a Mesophon world and set up a trade route to the Mesophons (all the normal trade route restrictions apply). You can then order your world to sell a set number of resources per watch. The Mesophons will buy them and give you aes each watch.

Note that the above only works for the Trade & Enterprise doctrines. Other doctrines don't have that ability. The trade-off is that your capital and sector capitals will be trading hubs (so they won't build ships anymore). [Needless to say, be careful when changing doctrines. In particular, large empires that are already Law & Order should not change or they risk revolution.]

4. Lastly, all doctrines can build trading hubs (as a designation). A trading hub world is able to extend your trade routes by passing through resource requirements. For example, a trading hub can import resources from a trillum world and export it to any other world that needs it.

The full list of changes is here: http://anacreon.kronosaur.com/article.hexm?id=213

Let me know what you all think!
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I believe you forgot to mention citadels, which produce infantry and jumpmissiles/LAMs
Alex Heartnet
Anarchist
Anarchist

Before the update, planetary population went down when the planet progresses to a higher tech level. Now the planetary population increases with tech level.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

SungSlaver231 wrote:I believe you forgot to mention citadels, which produce infantry and jumpmissiles/LAMs
Yes, I did! That was in a "secret" release several month back. I need to add that in there. Thanks!
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Alex Heartnet wrote:Before the update, planetary population went down when the planet progresses to a higher tech level. Now the planetary population increases with tech level.
I think it depends on the planet. Below tech 5 (spacefaring) population goes up. After that it starts going down. What level is the planet in question?
Alex Heartnet
Anarchist
Anarchist

D'oh, I'm an idiot. I'll go back to making all my planets impoverished third-worlds that can barely get into space.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Different planet types cap at different tech. Ocean reaches 11b at Biotech with ocean arcology. Earth 11b at Antimatter. The highest I've seen Desert is 8.9b at Spacefaring.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

There is no interface for buying ships...?
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I finally found the Mesophon capital and the buy button there.