Anacreon Beta 1

General discussion for the game Anacreon
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Anacreon Beta 1 is now running on the server:

http://anacreon.kronosaur.com/article.hexm?id=359

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on the Alpha releases!
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Does what the traders buy and sell, as well as price, change over time? Do all traders buy and sell the same thing, or do individual outposts or trade route groups of outposts have different trades to offer?
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Can anyone beat this? In real-life terms this would be equivalent to about ten thousand Hiroshimas' worth of deaths in a six-hour period.
Dorne
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:Image

Can anyone beat this? In real-life terms this would be equivalent to about ten thousand Hiroshimas' worth of deaths in a six-hour period.
Death Legions Peacekeepers and lots of them. Have everything imported from food, trillum and hexacarbide fully.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Dorne wrote:

Death Legions Peacekeepers and lots of them. Have everything imported from food, trillum and hexacarbide fully.
No, I killed those people intentionally. I'm challenging people to kill even more people in a watch than I did.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

AI trade empire worlds (Mesophon, etc.) can be captured like any other planet and generally have fewer defenses since they don't produce infantry the way that independent worlds do. This would seem to be a major handicap to players who want rely on a trade-heavy strategy since other empires can simply take over the poorly-defended AI trader world that another player is exchanging with.

At a minimum trader worlds should get militia bases and be heavily defended by the same kinds of ships that they sell; it would also make sense for AI empires to send retaliatory fleets from their other trade hubs to retake captured worlds.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It would be nice if there were some building you could construct on planets that would give once-a-cycle reports on fleets passing through its sensor radius. It wouldn't have be detailed, just something like "major jumpship activity by player empire XXX during the last cycle" or similar. Some sort of "galactic cable news" that would give reports on really major military engagements in other parts of the galaxy would also be cool.
darkMATTER
Miner
Miner

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:
Dorne wrote:

No, I killed those people intentionally. I'm challenging people to kill even more people in a watch than I did.
I wished I had taken a screen shot, but unfortunately didn't think of it at the time. But, I think I may have inadvertently reduced the overall population of the entire galaxy by about 1/4 in the past 24hrs based on the number supply shortages pop-ups that have covered my screen. I don't know if the server stores the total population of all planets combined...but it would be neat if there was a stats bar that listed the entire galaxy stats (total # of planets, total # of independent planets, total population of all worlds, total # of ships, etc...) and be able to track / graph changes over the entire time the galaxy is in existence. Then we could see the impact of our actions in relation to the entire galaxy. I think it would give the player greater satisfaction in seeing stuff like that.

And maybe an overall comparison of all empires (once located) that graphed or listed how each compared - instead of clicking on each empire homeworld - you could click somewhere and see how you compared to all of them in one screen.