General discussion for the game Anacreon
Miguk
Anarchist
Anarchist

I have a few suggestions about messages. First here's a couple small ones:

• Hide messages about shortages of non-essential goods for the first few turns after a planet increases tech level. For example, a world that reaches TL7 will have no luxuries for the first turn.

• Right now when a planet runs out of life support, you get a message every watch telling how many people died. There could be hundreds. These need to be condensed into one message saying how many people died in total since you were last logged in.

Then there's combat. I was recently attacked by another player. Apparently I won a big victory, but I don’t know how big, how I did it, or how close I came to losing. I just got a message saying I had been attacked. We need to know:
• How many ships and defenses each side had at the beginning.
• How many casualties each side took.
• It would be nice to know how much damage was done by each kind of ship. It’s not easy to tell even when you’re watching the battle.
• It might also help to know how many missiles were shot down and how many hit.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Miguk wrote:• Right now when a planet runs out of life support, you get a message every watch telling how many people died. There could be hundreds. These need to be condensed into one message saying how many people died in total since you were last logged in.

Then there's combat. I was recently attacked by another player. Apparently I won a big victory, but I don’t know how big, how I did it, or how close I came to losing. I just got a message saying I had been attacked. We need to know:
• How many ships and defenses each side had at the beginning.
• How many casualties each side took.
• It would be nice to know how much damage was done by each kind of ship. It’s not easy to tell even when you’re watching the battle.
• It might also help to know how many missiles were shot down and how many hit.
So basically a empire log?
Miguk
Anarchist
Anarchist

I was just thinking of a screen that pops up after the battle, but yeah, a log would be useful. Especially if you had a big empire and a lot of things were happening all over it. I know it could take as much effort to code this as it does to code the actual battle, but I think we really need this kind of information. Otherwise you can wake up in the morning and find you've been defeated and not know how it happened.