Anacreon Era 2 Gameplay Guide and FAQ

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Are you being sarcastic? Btw, Mesophan Traders are basically extinct because they have been invaded so many times.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

They don't have a capital AFAIK, so you can't buy from them.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

A trick to improve supply is to connect all CGA planets to each other. CGA planets pass on goods to each other to make up export shortage.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

My estimate of the production bonus for organics:
Earth 150%
Ocean 140%
Desert 120%
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Does anyone have experience daisy chaining trading hubs, and how to set up the trade routes? Picture 4 hubs, each connected to about 30 planets, and the hubs connected to each other. How would you make sure each world gets what it needs, and that each hub is able send extra resources to an adjacent hub where its needed?
pirx
Miner
Miner

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote: Trading hubs can import from other hubs, so you can send resources halfway across the galaxy with them if you like.
I had problems with the daisy chain described in the first post of this thread. My chain was something like this

C - H1-H2-H3-H4-P

Legend:
P= producer (starship parts in my case)
H#= Hubs with identifier
C = Consumer (starship yards)

No parts where going through the hubs H2 and H3. The parts where only flowing throught H2 and H3 when I added another producer planet at the end of the chain.

C - H1-H2-H3-H4-P
|
P
WorldsStrongestNerd wrote:Does anyone have experience daisy chaining trading hubs, and how to set up the trade routes? Picture 4 hubs, each connected to about 30 planets, and the hubs connected to each other. How would you make sure each world gets what it needs, and that each hub is able send extra resources to an adjacent hub where its needed?
So if my problems is reproducible, you need to distribute your producer planets somewhat over your daisy chain, i.e. make sure that every kind of trade good is not only produced at one end of the chain.
WorldsStrongestNerd wrote: Picture 4 hubs, each connected to about 30 planets, and the hubs connected to each other.
I think this is a nightmare with the current user interface. I cannot even handle 30 planets connected with a single hub. I separate each of my clusters into two or three hubs, 1 raw materials, one food etc, one parts if necessary. Single category of goods and one way trade routes are so much easier to balance out. I got the idea from another empire in the alpha version, forgot which.
gc2
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I don't know if this is actually your issue, but for my trade hub chain all I needed to do was to wait a few watches before the goods started flowing.

Since import and exports do not update instantly, you need to wait for the demand to propagate through the chain. When you connect C to H1, C will ask H1 for imports at the end of the watch. It won't be until the next watch when H1 will ask for the goods from H2, and the watch after that for H2 to ask for goods from H3, and so forth until the demand reaches an actual producer.

Right now I import directly whenever possible. It's a really big hassle manually adjusting the export percentages on worlds hooked up to a trade hub, and it's only doable when their efficiency and populations have stabilized (i.e. all habitation structures built) because hubs cannot handle changes intelligently. The only thing I use trade hubs for is aetherium because the physical separation between my bright nebula producer worlds and dark nebula consumer worlds is too great.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Thats the only useful purpose I've found thus far. If I have a bunch of abundant chromium worlds clustered together, I can use a hub to move it to a across the empire to a section that has a bunch of earth and ocean worlds clustered together. Its useful when you have an area thats high in resources, but low in planets to make into CGA's
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:Thanks for crunching the numbers, Caley! Sorry for being dumb but I'm not quite clear: is that an attrition rate of 0.00012% or 0.012% / watch?
The multiplier is 0.00012, so 0.012%. I used a looping function to get the cumulative values.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I calculated the IC and net IC of a few planets at different tech levels. Higher tech pops have higher net per billion, but decreased population makes a planet at antimatter and 11b pop have the highest net total.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Could I ask when we can define "large"an empire?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Just for funsies, here is how many ships (Eldritch, Gorgos) you would have after a period given 12k industry, notwithstanding rounding errors in game.

Ships remaining of type Jumpship after 10 days: 135466
Ships remaining of type Starship after 10 days: 12835
Ships remaining of type Jumpship after 30 days: 163801
Ships remaining of type Starship after 30 days: 20525
Ships remaining of type Jumpship after 90 days: 164724
Ships remaining of type Starship after 90 days: 22177
Ships remaining of type Jumpship after 365 days: 164724
Ships remaining of type Starship after 365 days: 22186
pirx
Miner
Miner

Ah, so there is something like a characteristic time constant, e.g the time that your industry needs to built up your forces to say 90% of the maximum. Approximately 10 days for jumpships and 30 days for starships.

Do you have an equation for your numbers or do you iterate over turns with constant production and attrition rate proportional to number of ships?

In any case, excellent information ... no need to wait to built up my starship forces for more than 30 days since my last major expansion ... which was ~20 days ago ... soon, soon it is time to put those frigates to some use ... excellent, excellent...hehehe
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

That is the java console dump. The program iterates for every watch. If you leave out some smaller fleets of the same size at the same time they will have different sizes later. I don't understand why that is. My only idea is that every single ship has a state.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hi guys, I am writing on behalf of the HOA0004 Empire (that is lazy) that recently has been attacked by an empire named "The greater Realm of HOA0004" (LOL). Hoa0004 found that is impossible to re-conquer his ancient planet cause when he attempted the game showed him the usual message about the risk involved in attack a weaker empire. Well Hoa0004 is asking himself:"why I can't attack him?"
I am also impressed cause i believed that if someone attack my planets than I can allways re-attack My adversary, even if is weaker than me. The greater Realm of Hoa0004 has imperial might 2.
IN GEORGE WE TRUST